AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use different sitelinks with different ads in the same ad group?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use different sitelinks with different text ads within the same ad group? I've created six sitelinks at the campaign level and have selected all six to be used/included for a certain ad group. However, not all text ads within the ad group will require the same sitelinks. For example, one ad might require sitelinks #1 and #2, while another text add will require sitelinks #4, #5, and #6.

Basically, I want to know if I can specify certain sitelinks for certain text ads?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Rising Star)
May

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out. 

When your sitelink extension appears with one of your ads on a computer or tablet, it shows 2 to 6 links. When it shows on a mobile device, it shows up to 4 links. You can add sitelinks at the account, campaign, or ad group level. Since sitelinks run on rotation and are not guaranteed to show with every search, there isn't a way to specify certain sitelinks for certain ads unless you create separate ad groups. 

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi @Andrew S,

As mentioned by @tina s, the only option is creating separate ad groups, using those specific ads in the corresponding ad groups and include the sitelinks at ad group level.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Can I use different sitelinks with different ads in the same ad group?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tina,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I greatly appreciate it. Can you tell me why a sitelink may, or may not appear with a text ad? And how does Google decide what sitelinks appear with a text ad?