AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use a keyword same as competitors brand name?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Can I use a keyword same as competitors brand name?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Re: Can I use a keyword same as competitors brand name?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Akshay,

It is one of the common strategies to use the competitor's brand name as keyword. Many advertisers does it. However your focus should be on the main service based keywords to drive more conversions. That's what I believe.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Now that you are certain that you are permitted to use your competitor's brand name as a keyword, ask yourself - is it a good strategy?

I believe for some business objectives, it certainly is. Maybe you're in a highly competitive market where consumers are possibly price hunting or searching for alternative to your competitor.

But also consider if someone is searching for your competitor - maybe they will completely disregard any search/ad result that isn't what they intended to find when they searched.

Just something to consider.

-LS

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Yes of course.
As the customer is not committed to that brand, he/she may be in research phase of buying cycle and searching for product using the brand name.
But at the same time if he/she gets some special offer/Lower price for the same product from another brand then he might end up his/her purchase journey from you.

As I myself do the same as a customer, I search for a product from a reputed e-commerce site using the brand name of that site and then search and compare the similar product with another reputed e-commerce site using its band name so simply I am researching for a product from different brands using their brand names.

Keep in mind:
Never bid higher on competitor brand.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’