AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can I target people in the age group 15-16 in display network?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Can people in the age group 15-18 be targeted for tutoring services in display?

How do i do that coz currently I am getting conversions from 18+ age group which is not my target market.

How do I do that?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Can I target a particular age group in search network?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Is it possible to target a particular age group and gender in search?

For e.g I want to target 15-16 year old school children for online tutoring.

Is it possible to target on search based on age and gender?

Re: Can I target a particular age group in search network?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Naushin, although it's possible to target by gender and age (on the Display Network), the minimum age you can specify is 18, so you wouldn't be able to target 15-16 year olds (although if you targeted all ages, you may be showing your Ads to people of this age of course).

I would suggest that if you're marketing tutoring services you'd probably get a better response simply by using the Search network and appropriate Keywords.  You'd want to ensure your Keywords were a tight enough Match Type, and use appropriate negatives to avoid impressions from people looking for work as a tutor, but I think it's a better bet than the Display network.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Can I target a particular age group in search network?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Are children going to buy tutoring on their own ? Aren't the parents who research for such services and pull their credit cards from the pocket ? I wouldn't target for the "unkown" age segment even in the Display Network , even if a user is allowed to have a google account under 18 years.

Re: Can I target people in the age group 15-16 in display network?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
HI Naushin,

You can not target the the age group 15-18.

However you can exclude the age group above the 18+. But don't exclude the Unknow age group.

In this way, you can not reduce your irrelevant traffic 100% of your unwanted age group but control your traffic up to some level.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Can I target people in the age group 15-16 in display network?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In addition to the great advice that you received, I would add the following :

To understand what targeting an age means , take a look at this page in your own browser :

https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads

It is the Age of the visitor that you are targeting, not their interest in services for a certain age.

Targeting lower than 18 years doesn't mean people "interested in buying services for that age" it means targeting at the Age segment that the browser has auto-determined for the visitor. It can be done based on the Google account configuration ( the age they said they have) or by the browsing habits.

You will be dividing visitors who enter your store , by excluding certain ages. When you think "targeting other than 18+ years" you will forbid visitors outside that filter to access your Ads. 

Does this help ?