AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can I target or exclude specific videos or channels on YouTube for my AdWords for Video Campaigns?

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Many advertisers want to target their AdWords for Video campaign to specific channels, and even with specific YouTube videos. This will allow them to ensure their content is being viewed by the right audience.

El, our Video expert from the AdWords team, is here to tell how how to do this!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I target or exclude specific videos or channels on YouTube for

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi YouTube advertisers!

Yes, you can actually target by specific video and channel placement in your AdWords for Video campaigns, if you want to.

You can target a Channel by inserting the following formats into the “Targeting” section, when you edit your Campaign’s targeting group.

youtube.com/user/id=<user_id> OR youtube.com/user/<channel name>.

Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 10.05.30 AM.png

To target a specific video, add the full youtube video watch page url to the same video targeting section. However, to achieve maximum reach for your advertiser, we recommend using this targeting approach sparingly, and the best use for this feature is negative targeting. Note that many videos on YouTube are not individually targetable due to the video uploader’s settings.  If you cannot find the video when you search, it is not individually targetable.

El