6.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can I schedule ads for mobile devices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to schedule the mobile ads for only Indian time. Is there any special feature available in the Adwords. Please give me if any good idea for mobile ad scheduling.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I schedule ads for mobile devices

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Guna,

There isn't a feature unfortunately to schedule ads based on devices. However, I'd like to ask here about your objective. Do you intend to schedule your phone number (extn) or ads (impressions) themselves? If you want calls to your business number only during specific times, you can schedule that under call extn.

In case your objective is to schedule ads themselves for mobile devices, you'll have to create a new campaign, reduce bids to avoid desktop traffic and make appropriate use of mobile bid adj, then schedule it accordingly.

Hope that helps.
Sumanth Sridhar

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello Guna S,

Yes you can schedule the mobile ads for only Indiana time. This setting is done on campaign level with "all features" enabled". This special feature is called : Custom Ad Scheduling.

You can create your own time schedule for your ads. If you want your ads to appear in different time/timezone than your then you would have to do some counting, since Adwords ads are primarly showing in timezone set in Google Adwords Account settings.

More about Custom Ads Schedule

Alex

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Alex,

Ad schedule is for all devices. Guna's requirement was for mobile devices and hence I'm wondering how custom schedule helps in scheduling ads only on mobile devices.

Any thoughts?
Sumanth Sridhar

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Hey Summanth,

well Guna can only do this with WAP ads, otherwise like you can adjust bid for mobile devices up to -100% to eliminate any customers incomming from mobile devices. There is no possible setting for desktops nor tablets.

You provided very decent solution on how to get around this.
I would just added that Gunna should also try to check preffered device - mobile. There was an article a long time ago and there was a test with just lowering bids and adjusting bids for mobile devices like crazy, but no settings for mobile preffered ads and then the same test but with mobile preffered ads settings on. The first test had still a lot of traffic from desktops/tablets. Second test with mobile preffered ads setting on showed better result in the meaning that there were higher % of traffic incomming from mobile devices than in the first test, but less conversions/clicks.

So it's a matter of testing. Which one will suit Guna better.

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the great suggestion Mr. Summanth, Mr.Alex.

I need to schedule bid adjustment in the same campaign. I need to adjust the mobile bid adjustment for Indian time.

My concern is: Reduce mobile bid for -100% at 6:00 PM to 9:00 AM

Please let me know if you any one have good suggestion

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Guna, as Sumanth has already asked, what is your objective here?

Showing your Ads to mobile devices is a separate issue from getting phone calls.  Do you want to stop phone calls between 6pm and 9pm, or do you want to stop mobile Ad impressions/clicks during that period, and if so, why?

Again, as Sumanth has said, if it's the phone calls you want to stop, you can do this via the Call Extension scheduling feature.  If it's the mobile Ads themselves you want to stop, you'll need to use two separate Campaigns, one to run 9am to 6pm with a mobile bid modifier set at your normal level and another running from 6pm to 9am with the modifier set at -100%.  However, it would be a rare situation where you'd want to turn off mobile Ads completely for a specific period so some clarification would be useful.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I miss Indiana time.

(I know you mean, "India," but I'm from Indiana and haven't been back for nearly a year - longest time ever. The thought made me nostalgic. Thank you.)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Is there a feature in the pipeline, yet, for this.

I don't really want to break out new campaigns just for non-CTC mobile ads.