AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can I have the same KW's in 2 campaigns targeting different regions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Here's my problem:

I want to set up two different ads with the searcher's location in the headline. I want the two ads to be triggered by the same keywords. Now, I know that is OK to have the same keywords in different campaigns as long as the two campaigns are targeting different locations. Here's where it gets interesting: what if one campaigns targets a city that is WITHIN the region that the other campaign is targeting?

For example: I want one ad to show "Midlands" in the headline but I want the headline of another ad (triggered by the same keywords) to show "Birmingham" (a city within the Midlands region), for people that are searching from within the city of Birmingham.

Would this have a negative effect? Seeing as how I do ultimately have two different campaigns with the same keywords targeting the city of Birmingham?

Any helps is much appreciated, I'm very eager to learn.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Can I have the same KW's in 2 campaigns targeting different region

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Michel,

I think what you can do here is you can duplicate your campaign and keep geo targeting different. In Midlands campaign, you can exclude Birmingham. This way it won't compete with each other. And you can keep the adcopy as you want. I would also suggest you to look at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en

Hope above helps!

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Michel,

It is Better way to use Dynamic Keyword Insertion in your Ad Text

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much!