AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can I exclude all news sites from my display ad placements?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up my display ad to be automatic, but now I feel I am wasting too many clicks on general "news" websites.  The online versions of newspapers. I'm trying to exclude them one by one, but there are like 600 sites in my list. Isn't there an exclusion category for news? If I choose General audiences (DL-G) will that exclude the news websites/

Re: Can I exclude all news sites from my display ad placements?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

Exclude by Topics = News to limit expousure on news sites.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Adrian. That'a a helpful feature I had been overlooking. I added several topic exclusions. I was surprised though to go back to the placements tab and see the same number of rows. Shouldn't the news sites have disappeared?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

No, they do not dissapear as what you see is a historical report of the traffic you already received.

In theory after you have applied the exclusion of News Topic , from now on the traffic report under the "Placements" should not show news sites anymore.

In practice if a news site is not labeled as having the topic "news" it will still be able to display ads. I do not know who makes the labeling, google or the site owners.