6.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can I enable a removed ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I changed the punctuation of an ad to have a longer headline, and it created a new ad with the updated punctuation. Now, I can't figure out how to enable the previous ad that had all the data. 
Is there a way to re-enable the previous ad?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I enable a removed ad?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi there,

You cannot re-enable an ad after you have removed it. You will need to create a new ad using the new text, and it will start gathering new data.

In the future, you will want to pause the ad rather than remove it if you think you may want to turn it on again.

Hope this helps,
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply!
I didn't actually remove the ad, I just changed the text and AdWords removed it and replaced it with another ad once the text was changed. I guess this is a default setting?
Is there any way to prevent this from happening again? Or, does AdWords automatically remove an ad when the text is altered?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author marketing A
November 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Ah I understand what you mean! Yes, by default the system creates a new ad (or keyword) when you edit a previous ad, and removes the previous one that you changed. This is because performance of that ad or keyword cannot be grouped together since they are technically different.

In the future, instead of editing that ad directly I'd recommend using the "edit & copy" option. If you hover over the ad you want to change, you can click on the small arrow dropdown next to the pencil "edit" button on that particular ad to make changes in duplicates.

Cassie