AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can I do something more to increase conversions ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My campaign is going well. Over the last couple of months, conversions have increased and the cost has decreased. However, it still feels like I am not doing the best that I can. It feels like I am missing out on important actions. Is there anything else I can do to better the performance of the Campaign, or am I just being greedy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Trudy D
September 2015

Re: Can I do something more to increase conversions ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Have you looked at the other ad extensions? Call out extensions being a big one.

How often do you go through the SQR? You need to check that often, the younger the account the more often. Not only for negative keywords, but it also allows you to see how users are actually searching for your products giving you more keyword ideas. Furthermore it allows you to check on your account structure and ensure that users search queries aren't being mismatched to related products but not quite right (say being sent to a page for squash rackets when searching for tennis rackets).

Ad optimisation and conversational continuation is another thing to look at. Does your ad flow onto your landing page and continue the same conversation? Are your ads segmenting audiences correctly? Perhaps look into splitting ad groupd out further, by not only keeping them themed but to now look into intent. So not just tennis rackets but target people who are comparative shopping and those actually looking to buy with different ad groups/campaigns. This allows you greater control of how and where you spend your money, ensuring your higher ROI terms are getting more budget.

Another long term potential goal would be to look into investing in more top of the funnel marketing and reaching your target audience before they start looking. Build a brand presence before they want to buy, thereby increasing volume of leads at the bottom of the funnel.

These are just a few suggestions.
Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Trudy,

To better answer your question, we would need to know what you are currently doing, that way we can know if there are any areas that you may be overlooking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Clynton, Well, I have added sitelinks (which are doing well). The site is an online sports store, so adding a call extension was not needed. I maintained a tight control on the location setting as well as the negative keywords. The landing pages have been optimized to suit the keywords and the ads. Am i missing anything?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Trudy D
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Have you looked at the other ad extensions? Call out extensions being a big one.

How often do you go through the SQR? You need to check that often, the younger the account the more often. Not only for negative keywords, but it also allows you to see how users are actually searching for your products giving you more keyword ideas. Furthermore it allows you to check on your account structure and ensure that users search queries aren't being mismatched to related products but not quite right (say being sent to a page for squash rackets when searching for tennis rackets).

Ad optimisation and conversational continuation is another thing to look at. Does your ad flow onto your landing page and continue the same conversation? Are your ads segmenting audiences correctly? Perhaps look into splitting ad groupd out further, by not only keeping them themed but to now look into intent. So not just tennis rackets but target people who are comparative shopping and those actually looking to buy with different ad groups/campaigns. This allows you greater control of how and where you spend your money, ensuring your higher ROI terms are getting more budget.

Another long term potential goal would be to look into investing in more top of the funnel marketing and reaching your target audience before they start looking. Build a brand presence before they want to buy, thereby increasing volume of leads at the bottom of the funnel.

These are just a few suggestions.
Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Clynton. That's exactly the kind of help I needed :-) ..a way forward. Thanks once again.