AdWords Express
2K members online now
2K members online now
Make the most out of your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Can I customise my search terms with adwords express?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't feel the search terms are of use to me in my area. How can I customise them?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
December 2016

Re: Can I customise my search terms with adwords express?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris B,

With AdWords Express, you do not use search terms, like keywords for targeting like you do with AdWords. You simply input your business products and/or services and the ad audience is targeted. 

Products and services

You'll also describe the product or service that you'd like to advertise when defining your audience. It's important to select a product or service that accurately describes your business, so that your ads will appear for the right customers.

Once you select a product or service, we'll also suggest additional features that could be related to your business. When people search for phrases related to these features, your ads will be eligible to appear. If any of the suggestions aren't applicable to your business, uncheck the box next to the suggestion, so your ads won't show for those types of searches.

If the product or service you'd like to advertise isn't available when you sign up for AdWords Express, please fill out this feedback form. We're working on supporting more business types, and we'd love to hear from you.

This is where setting up your AdWords Express account is important, along with creating a great ad. AdWords Express support can audit your account and help you optimize it, if you prefer. Since we cannot see or access accounts here... only support can do that for you. 

If there is anything specific we can help with, please do let us know. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
December 2016

Re: Can I customise my search terms with adwords express?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris B,

With AdWords Express, you do not use search terms, like keywords for targeting like you do with AdWords. You simply input your business products and/or services and the ad audience is targeted. 

Products and services

You'll also describe the product or service that you'd like to advertise when defining your audience. It's important to select a product or service that accurately describes your business, so that your ads will appear for the right customers.

Once you select a product or service, we'll also suggest additional features that could be related to your business. When people search for phrases related to these features, your ads will be eligible to appear. If any of the suggestions aren't applicable to your business, uncheck the box next to the suggestion, so your ads won't show for those types of searches.

If the product or service you'd like to advertise isn't available when you sign up for AdWords Express, please fill out this feedback form. We're working on supporting more business types, and we'd love to hear from you.

This is where setting up your AdWords Express account is important, along with creating a great ad. AdWords Express support can audit your account and help you optimize it, if you prefer. Since we cannot see or access accounts here... only support can do that for you. 

If there is anything specific we can help with, please do let us know. 

Kind Regards,

James