3.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Can I copy a search campaign and target mobile

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Everyone! Back in the saddle again!

Can I copy a search campaign which I am running and without making any change whatsoever set bids in a manner that the ads are only shown in Mobile devices. Question is will that be a sensible thing to do? If not then what is the recourse that I've if I want to show same ads that are in an existing campaign. Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can I copy a search campaign and target mobile

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ritu,

Welcome back to the community Smiley Happy

You can indeed but just remember to set the device preference on the ads to Mobile. It sounds like you already know how to manage the bids but if you aren't entirely confident then I'd recommend checking out a blog post Jon made when Enhanced campaigns first came out.

The question is, why do you want to separate the campaigns? With your answer we'll be able to determine whether it will be a good option for you to proceed with this or not.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for answering Scotty, I just want to run a campaign that is dedicated to mobile devices, nothing else apart from this.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ritu P
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
That will be perfect then, I hope it goes well for you Smiley Happy

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ritu,

When you create ads, there is a check box for mobile preference. I suggest you to re-check your landing page on different mobile devices before creating ads for mobile devices. This is highly recommended otherwise you will loss money.

Good Luck!