AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Campaigns (shared budget) used to be pretty even in impressions & clicks - Now 93%-7% split

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business account has three active campaigns, but the issue is with our two search campaigns. They are using a shared budget, which has been the case for some time now. Other than lowering the budget during a short vacation, raising it again, and using the Opportunities tab to do things like add keywords or adjust CPC, we haven't made any major changes.

Both of these campaigns, let's call them A and B, used to run pretty evenly. These target two neighboring communities.

In the past 30 days, campaign A has received about 400 impressions and 15 clicks. Campaign B has received over 5700 impressions and over 240 clicks. Relatively, the % is pretty good, but this is wildly different from not long ago.

I looked at the data for the 30 days prior to the last 30 days and found we had about:

Campaign A: 3,400 impressions - 123 clicks

Campaign B: 3,100 impressions - 159 clicks

And I looked at the past year's data (rounded)-

Campaign A: 51,000 impressions, 1200 clicks

Campaign B: 54,000 impressions, 2100 clicks

Somewhat uneven on clicks and we have our bidding set to max conversions, but we're wondering why our shares have gone from very close in performance to roughly 93% impression share for Campaign B vs 7% impression share for campaign A.

If anyone knows why this might have happened, I can check the change logs in case something was missed. Obviously, we do like the performance of campaign B, but both used to perform well for us and we're at a loss.

Thank you for any insight.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Campaigns (shared budget) used to be pretty even in impressions & clicks - Now 93%-7% split

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This sounds as either a new computer in the neighborhood or a seasonal users' behavior.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure what this means. Could you clarify?

I wonder if this is possibly due to increased competition in the area for campaign A, but we're just baffled how lopsided this is now and would like things to balance out a little more again.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

>>"I wonder if this is possibly due to increased competition in the area for campaign A,

IMHO: this is a likely option

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I saw something similar with my shared budgets and ended up moving them out of a shared budget. It's more management, but is performing better. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. We decided to also separate the budgets as of this week and we are awaiting performance in the hope we see better numbers.