Guide Me
star_border

Campaign performing well but No Conversions, please help

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello to everybody,

I would like to ask you for your insight of my concern. I am running a short term campaign of text ads.

I am quite happy with the perfomance, I have the CTR about 3%, my position is about 2 or three but I have few conversions in the non branding keywords. 

Adwords offered me an automatic strategy CPA, do you think that I should give it a try ? What else I should adjust ? My campaign will finished in 20 days.

We have developped a special landing page for this campaign and we are using our institutional web pages with the campaign theme as well as a final page, they do not convert..

Thanks for any ideas and your advices !!

Have a wonderful day,

Kaci

1 Expert replyverified_user

Campaign performing good but No Conversions, please help

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Kaci, 

Here is my personal opinion on the matter: 

#1 - If you're experiencing a high CTR but lower conv. rate then it can be because of a few reasons (a) the keywords you're targeting are not relevant enough (b) your ad copy is giving people different expectations than what they get when arriving on your landing page (c) your "landing page experience" is poor - which can mean any number of things. 

#2 Look at what keywords ARE converting, start from there and focus on capturing as much traffic as possible from these keywords as possible without hurting your Cost-per-Acquisition. 

#3 Since you're very limited by time, Conversion Rate Optimization for your landing page will be very strained but try making some changes to the following: 

(a) Call-to-Action text optimization.

(b) If you have a sign up form or registration process, reduce the amount of fields or time it takes to achieve a conversion. 

Let me know if this helps! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Joshua,

Thanks a lot for your insight ! I will try to select better URls because there is no time for modifying our landings because of long validation process..I constatly focus on well performing keywords as you advised. But mostly the conversion come from branding..

Do you have any experience with the target CPA bidding ? Should I give it a try in this situation ?

Thanks, cheers !

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kat G
January 2017

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

CPA bidding works best when it has a large number of conversions. If you're just qualifying for CPA bidding (at least 30 conversions in the past 30 days) or just a little above then i would recommend manual optimization (assuming you feel you're up to it). 

That's my thought at least Smiley Happy

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’