Guide Me
star_border

Campaign not Converting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts,

Please I have an issue,

I am running a campaign that has been accruing clicks, but its not converting..

The Clients conversion is when customers place a call through, and I also have been accruing clicks to the call extension. but so far there have only been visits to the site, but no calls.

I need serious optimization steps, and if there are possible errors I would have been making please highlight.

Thanks in advance

campaign result.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Campaign not Converting

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @chima n,

If that is the case the issue is not directly associated with how you run the AdWords campaign. The symptom you described is typically due to a lack of sufficient relevance level between your ad copy and the website. In plain English, users arriving at your website are anticipating something different than their experience on your website.

A very simple example is when they expect to find cheap offers on your website but in fact encounter high prices. In such a case you should e.g. remove the word cheap from the ad copies and probably also add it as a negative keyword to your targeting. Such actions would increase relevance between user expectations and findings.

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author chima n
September

Campaign not Converting

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

I agree with @Lakatos. Ad copy and landing page are two very important variables you have to take into consideration. If the goal is phone calls, then make sure the ad content and landing page specifically states that call to action. "Call for a free estimate", Call anytime, we're here to help", etc.

Tom

Campaign not Converting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, 

Thanks I took that also into consideration.

But how about the Clicks on the click to call extension I enabled.

I have well over 33 clicks on that call extension but no calls so far, (campaign ended though). I tried the ad and clicked and it went through.

What happened to the reports on the call extension that I didn't see physically??

Campaign not Converting

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Data in the ad extensions > call extensions tab is for all clicks anywhere on the ad when a call extension is shown. So people have clicked through to the website, instead of calling directly from the ads. If you don't have any on site call tracking setup, then you won't know for certain if any calls coming in through the website are from AdWords, or any other source.

Tom