AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign for awareness ADVICES

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,
I want to create awareness campaign, but i don't want a lot clicks on my ads, just impressions. How can i do that?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexander M
September 2015

Re: Campaign for awareness ADVICES

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Use your remarketing list as targeting and as bidding method choose "viewable CPM" to get many impressions . More details here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3499086?hl=en

Make sure to bid a little higher than the minimum amount , for me 30% higher gets me good results in terms of impressions volume and conversion cost.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alexander M,

Welcome !
Adwords display campaign with CPM biding would be the best option for you.With CPM bidding, you bid for your ad based on how often it appears on the Google Display Network. You set the max amount you want to pay for ads, whether they're clicked or not.

For more reference kindly visit the following page
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2630842?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I forgot to tell you, that the campaign will be remarketing !

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Alexander M, If your plan is to set up remarketing campaign then you can create a separate remaining ccampaig. You can set target bid either CPC or CPM. As you said that you don't want to get more cclick, it's depends on size of your audience cookies which you for remarketing. You won't get irrelevant clicks if you create Remarketing list according to your need. Let me know if any questions regarding this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will have a lot of cookies. But want to create awareness of my site with remarketing campaign and for that the purpose of the banners will not be clicks.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexander M
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Use your remarketing list as targeting and as bidding method choose "viewable CPM" to get many impressions . More details here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3499086?hl=en

Make sure to bid a little higher than the minimum amount , for me 30% higher gets me good results in terms of impressions volume and conversion cost.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Alexander,

You can run CPC or CPM campaigns for branding... The pros & Cons:

If you are running CPC campaigns - tweak your ad messaging to just showcase your brand. Try not to have a call to action on the ad so that you avoid getting clicks.
The advantage here would be that if people don't click your ad, you wont have to pay at all!

The advantage of running a CPM campaign (according to me) is the inventory. But since you are running a remarketing campaign, this should not affect you as much.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Forgot to mention, you can refine your remarketing by layering incase your lists are to big.
also, try all forms of remarketing..
Normal GDN remarketing
RLSA
Dynamic remarketing
GA remarketing

GA remarketing helps you use different parameters of GA to refine your audience for example - bounce rate, time on site etc...
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Alexander M,

Just create your re-marketing campaign and make sure your re-marketing list is relevant. Through this you can create brand awareness and can get potential leads as well. Just implement and analyze after some time that it's fulfill your need or not. This is the best practice.

With Warm Regards:
Arun Jha

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Hi Alexander,

I have to agree with Adrian & Shweta on this.

If you want to run a remarketing branding campaign, you need to have a very precise messaging on your banners/text ads. You cannot add a Call to Action like - Know More or Buy Now! , as it will prompt the remarketing users to click on your ad.

As for the bidding mechanism, I think CPM would be your best bet to do this efficiently. You pay for a set number of impressions and not clicks and your remarketing campaign will follow the users, you can get this done efficiently through the CPM model.

Just make sure you put a frequency cap on the number of times your ad is shown to same user as it will ensure you are reaching out to most or all of your targeted audience and not just the same ones repeatedly.

Also, as shweta suggested, do give these a try as well, if possible.

Normal GDN remarketing
RLSA
Dynamic remarketing
GA remarketing

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"