AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Switch

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

It has been four days since I switched my 'Search and Display' campaign to 'Search Only'. However, I am not seeing any improvements in the performance. I have two different ad groups running in the campaign with one of them using ACE for ad copy experiment. This particular campaign has really not came out well after the change was made. In this scenario, what steps should be taken to improve overall performance?

Re: Campaign Switch

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Kapil,

As you said you used the Ad Copy Experiment Feature & that campaign is not running well,

Can you please tell me when you have started using this, I mean from how many days you are using ACE?

Cheers,
Rupesh

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rupesh,

It has been two weeks.

Regards,
Kapil M

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kapil,
To add to Rupesh's answer - turning off Display targeting will not automatically make your Search Campaigns perform better. Typically when turning off Display, you'll see a decrease in overall Impressions, a decrease in overall traffic, and an increase in overall CTR, but the conversions you receive from Search Campaigns will probably not increase/decrease.
Regarding improving overall performance, suggestions here will vary depending on what your goals are/what you're trying to achieve via AdWords advertising.
When writing Ad Copy, I suggest:
including your Keywords in your copy
including a call-to-action in your copy
using any promotion/competitive advantage in your copy

When trying to optimize traffic, I suggest:
driving traffic to the most targeted landing pages
on your site, reduce the clicks to checkout

Hope this helps and feel free to add more specifics for more detailed answers.