Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Structure with Worldwide Targeting

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I would like to know the best possible way for structuring Account/campaigns with worldwide Geo-targeting, from effective bidding & optimization point of view. 

To be precise I am looking for feedback on below mentioned points :

1. Simplest way is to chosee campaign's Geo-target as 'All Regions' & you are done but will it be a good idea?

2. Ideally one should target each country separately from optimization point of view but this means one will has to manage atleast 100+ separate campaigns for each product/services. Is this worth enough to take that much pain?

3. Select a region/block of countries like US+Canada, Europe, Australia+NewZealand etc. for campaigns Geo-target. This seems to be more feasible & sensible but if one has to define such blocks for worldwide countries, then is there a predefined list available on any resource or if  someone can share such list, that would be great. Basic idea over here is to club countries in a block whose average cpc would be close to with other countries of that block.

4. Does anyone has got standard average cpc GDN data country wise/region wise, please share. ( I do understand that's cpc's vary on lots of factor but still it will be helpful if you even have an indicative range) It would be fantastic if this data has segregation of Web & Mobile cps's.

5. Assuming Communication/Ads would only be in English language.

Guys please let me know your thoughts on this!!

Thanks!

~Rehan 

~Rehan
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Campaign Structure with Worldwide Targeting

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Great Questions!

1. Simplest way is to chosee campaign's Geo-target as 'All Regions' & you are done but will it be a good idea?

Generally no.  The bidding amounts, language settings, messaging, etc. will often be different from country to country.  I find it is often best to do some segmenting by grouping certain countries together in a campaign.

2. Ideally one should target each country separately from optimization point of view but this means one will has to manage atleast 100+ separate campaigns for each product/services. Is this worth enough to take that much pain?

Yes it can be a big management pain but it can also yield better results to segment countries into separate campaigns for better control and easier analysis.

3. Select a region/block of countries like US+Canada, Europe, Australia+NewZealand etc. for campaigns Geo-target. This seems to be more feasible & sensible but if one has to define such blocks for worldwide countries, then is there a predefined list available on any resource or if  someone can share such list, that would be great. Basic idea over here is to club countries in a block whose average cpc would be close to with other countries of that block.

This is a good strategy.  You can get ideas of what to expect for CPC's and traffic volumes for various countries with the AdWords keyword tool and tools like Google Insights for Search.  I often times find myself grouping by common CPC and language.  However the language comes into play more when I am editing ads to be in a specific language.

4. Does anyone has got standard average cpc GDN data country wise/region wise, please share. ( I do understand that's cpc's vary on lots of factor but still it will be helpful if you even have an indicative range) It would be fantastic if this data has segregation of Web & Mobile cps's.

The AdWords keyword tool proides data for mobile - see the 'Show Ideas and Statistics for' section and switch over to mobile.  The GDN is harder to gauge.  I will see what I can dig up and share it...

5. Assuming Communication/Ads would only be in English language.

OK but are you only targeting the english language in these countries or targeting all languages with english written ads?

Sorry for typos, typing a mile a min and no spell check Smiley Happy

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kim,

Thanks a lot for your revert!

Let's see what others have got to share on this.

~Rehan

~Rehan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Kim, is it still the best practice to structure adwords account (by country) or now with teh enhanced campaign would you recommend organizing the campaigns by a deferment theme and segment rates by country within the campaign?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Amir,

It depends really.

You can now bid by country which is pretty cool but I think there could still be some control issues when it comes to language and scheduling settings. Especially if for some reason you wanted to use ads in different languages. i.e. a campaign that targets France, Italy, and China. How would you have the French language ads appear to the right country?

So long story short if it is a bidding issue that you wanted to control then don't worry about segmenting, the enhanced campaigns have you covered. If you have other goals for targeting languages or scheduling you may have to still consider segmenting.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'