AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Strategy for an Art Trading House?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm building an SEM strategy for an art trading house that

1. Enables private collectors to post their rare (read expensive) collections online

2. Enables buyers to find and get in touch with the collector/seller of a particular item

3. Complete the transaction offline 

4. All of this only for members

Membership to the website is only after a thorough background check. So, we're creating a landing page that is open to all, with information about the company, how it works, etc. And from here we'll redirect the user to a sign-up page if he's interested in going further. 

My question is, is this a viable strategy? My experience with the art industry is nil. And from what I understand, buyers usually go through tried and trusted channels rather than a company they find online. What do you think? Any ideas on how this could be done differently?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign Strategy for an Art Trading House?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Leticia,

Thanks for posting to the Community! I'm afraid I don't have any experience with the art industry, and I'm not sure if any of our experts do either! From an AdWords standpoint, I would recommend starting with a small budget and running some tests, if you can. Make sure you have conversion tracking set up so that you know if what you're doing is driving people to sign up, and perhaps experiment with the demographic (average household income) location targeting available as well. The challenge will be to find the right audience (whether through keyword research, placement research, or something else), and then figuring out how you can accurately value a sign up in terms of ROI with your advertising.

Just my 2 cents!

Cassie