Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Performance

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello AdWords Community Team,

Now my adwords campaigns are paused from 2-3 weeks. After 2-3 weeks I want to start my campaign then what will be the effect on my campaign, keywords, ads and overall performance?

Please provide me some better solution on this asap.

- Prasad

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prasad M
September 2015

Re: Campaign Performance

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Prasad,
Without looking at your Account and know what Keywords your buying and your Ad Copy, etc., it'll be hard for anyone to predict how your Campaigns will behave post-relaunch.

I'd expect to see a small increase in your Actual CPCs while the system re-learns your Keywords/Ad Copy. I'd expect this to be temporary, and that you should see your CPCs normalize after a few weeks at the latest. You'll definitely see efficiencies from having your Campaigns consistently active. When your Keywords stay in market you'll typically see less volatility with your Actual CPCs.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If campaigns performances  were relatively good, pausing the campaign for a short period would have some effect on the QS ,and as Brain said could increase CPC.

Thus, if possible, I recommend, for short periods, not to pause a campaign entirely, but rather lowering the budget. That  way, good campaign performances are "kept". This is not always possible. (e.g. seasonal campaigns must be stopped entirely. - In this case, I would recommend to pause the campaign using campaign scheduling - to "let the system know" -  in advance-   that this campaign is limited by time.  Adwords is a system that doesn't like "instant" changes)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

In this situation I would recommend temporarily increasing bids after the long period of pausing. This will help your ad rank and to ensure you resume with stronger numbers. After a day or so you should be able to drop bids back to normal.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Prasad,
Without looking at your Account and know what Keywords your buying and your Ad Copy, etc., it'll be hard for anyone to predict how your Campaigns will behave post-relaunch.

I'd expect to see a small increase in your Actual CPCs while the system re-learns your Keywords/Ad Copy. I'd expect this to be temporary, and that you should see your CPCs normalize after a few weeks at the latest. You'll definitely see efficiencies from having your Campaigns consistently active. When your Keywords stay in market you'll typically see less volatility with your Actual CPCs.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If campaigns performances  were relatively good, pausing the campaign for a short period would have some effect on the QS ,and as Brain said could increase CPC.

Thus, if possible, I recommend, for short periods, not to pause a campaign entirely, but rather lowering the budget. That  way, good campaign performances are "kept". This is not always possible. (e.g. seasonal campaigns must be stopped entirely. - In this case, I would recommend to pause the campaign using campaign scheduling - to "let the system know" -  in advance-   that this campaign is limited by time.  Adwords is a system that doesn't like "instant" changes)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

In this situation I would recommend temporarily increasing bids after the long period of pausing. This will help your ad rank and to ensure you resume with stronger numbers. After a day or so you should be able to drop bids back to normal.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi vkore91,

Thank you so much...

- Prasad

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Moshe TLV,