AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Pausing, while waiting for new budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a question regarding pausing the campaign. (I've searched in other topics, but didn't found a similar question). Here is the situation: I have running campaigns, but the budget gets depleted a little earlier, before we recieve the money for the next payment. Is it better to leave the campaign running (even that I know that no ads will be displayed), or this will impact negatively to the campaign and pausing is better option. Hope I explained the question right. Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author TeodorB
September 2015

Re: Campaign Pausing, while waiting for new budget?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi TeodorB and welcome to the forum.

I'm pretty sure there's no technical disadvantage in pausing the Campaigns, but I can see a physical one.  If you pause the Campaigns, someone will have to resume them for the Ads to run again.  If you just leave them running (without any budget) then they'll start serving Ads again as soon as budget is applied.

How important this is depends upon your Account set-up.  If you're not the one actually paying the money, it might be best to leave the Campaigns enabled in case you're not around to enable them when a payment is made.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello and Thanks for the answer.

Another question, if I may. Will leaving the campaign running with no money in it, could somehow reflect negatively to the campaign condition (lower the QS for example) ? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author TeodorB
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Teodor.

The short answer is "no". Here's the explanation:

"Every time someone does a search that triggers your ad, we calculate a Quality Score."

(http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en)

If your budget is depleted, no search triggers your ad. Quality score is no longer calculated when your ads do not serve, and is also frozen when you pause a keyword.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, Thanks a lot for the answers, have a great day Smiley Happy