6.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Optimization

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Will optimization be completed in 3 months or we have to do devote time after that also.

Also can we increase the bid for search partners also.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign Optimization

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jeewan, in my opinion optimisation is a continuous process because neither AdWords nor the audience are static.  AdWords introduces new features and options on a regular basis and your client audience will also (normally) change not only seasonally but over time.

3 months may give you a good initial optimisation if you do everything right, but I've got Accounts where it was necessary to wait 6 months or even a year before the full seasonal picture was visible and appropriate choices could be made.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
The truth is - AdWords optimization is never "completed" - the very word itself implies an ongoing activity.

As Jon suggests there will perhaps be less to do after 3 or 6 months - but there will always be opportunities of improvements. If nothing else the same ads become stale, competitor activity need to be taken into consideration and your own offer will change, whether you are selling a product or a service.

The danger of a set it and leave it approach is that things become stagnant quite quickly and as with anything which is essentially fluid it will find the path of least resistance and that is never optimal.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Optimization is continious process, that you sholud do with your adwords account because trafiic fluctuate according to season and it also depend on the nature of the business.

So its better to optimize your campaigns in your account daily or monthly basis.

for example:- in Travel industry in starting of the year like jan to april traffic are very few while it goes up in summer and at this season(summer) comptitor are very active. So during this time of frame advertisier have to keep their eyes on the market and they should optimze their campaign according to it so that they can achive their goal.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/49179?hl=en

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jeevan,

Optimization is major part of adowrds. We need to optimize account untill account is running. Suppose that if your account is running 20 Hrs. in a day then account need to optimize atleast 2-3 hrs in a day. There is different process of optimization.

he process I generally follow with AdWords creatives goes something like this:

Author 3-5 ads with different titles and descriptions, generally attempting to prominently use the target search phrase and entice the searcher to click.
Prune the ads by replacing anything that receives less than 1% CTR (measured after 2-600 clicks, depending on the variables)
Continue to replace lower CTR ads with new creatives
Wait until one of the ads "sticks out" or overachieves with much higher CTR than previous ads. That's when I know I've stumbled on something that connects with the audience.
Take that single ad and refine it with slightly tweaked headlines, descriptives & display URL, testing each against each other (and the original successful version)
Continue testing, refining and perfecting the overachiever ad forever (you can't rest on your laurels)
Start the process anew every few months to stay fresh and relevant - even the best ads won't draw clicks forever (and especially not in fast-changing industries like SEO)

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Optimization is going on strategy, which search query of user changing very frequently and traffic increasing and decreasing very frequently even on day basis and on monthly basis, so you have to keep your time after that also coz if you didn't u will see ur adwords account going into bad shape.

As for search partners we cant increase there bid separately.