AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Optimization in terms of daily budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI,

I am new at adwords and out of curiosity I do have a question, Is it possible to find out what is the exact daily budget that i need to have for my campaign (Old Campaign).

For Example : -  let's say i have a campaign name x whose daily budget is $200 but that campaign only require $175 daily budget so is it possible to find it out or if it require an increase of say $50 so how can I calculate that it require an exact increase of $50.

Regards

Ashish Jain

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashish J
May 2016

Re: Campaign Optimization in terms of daily budget

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ashish,

I believe what you are looking for is how to calculate how much more your current campaign could spend. There is a column in your account that tells you how much Impression share (IS) you lost due to budget constraints. This will give you a % of impressions that you lost out on due to low daily budget settings.

For simplicity, if you are spending $100 a day and you have an IS lost % (budget) of 50% then you know that you could spend $200/day.

Learn more here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

If you are just looking to see how much you can lower a daily budget by, then a simple look at historical spend per day will give you an idea if what the campaign can spend per day.

That being said, Jon makes some very good points, this should be a calculation you are performing on converting campaigns.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ashish,
First you have to check how much daily budget consumed on daily basis. If you are getting low budget alert you have to increase the daily budget and you can adjust the budget by checking daily budget consumption.

There is no other way to find whether you need to increase exact amount of daily budget.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Ashish,

It is not necessary that your account spent will reach the daily budget everyday, there is always a variation in the trend and some times the spend may be lower then your daily budget. So, I recommend you to analysis at least 1 week data.

Else if the spend is still lower for a week on daily basis then you need to look into your account.
Build your keyword list and add more keywords, try a combination of other keyword match types(to get more traffic), if possible you can increase your geographic targeting.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit,
Thank's for reply,

Here campaigns have history, that is what i am asking for is for campaign that have already ran for 25 - 30 days !!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Santosh s,

Thank's for reply for increasing budget i can get recommendation but if we talk about optimization in real scenario then I would be pretty more interested in decreasing the daily budget without loosing on conversion and various other metrics.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Ashish J generally speaking what you spend on your Campaigns should really be driven by their success or failure.  If your Campaigns are successful and returning a positive profit, surely you'll want to spend as much as possible.  If they're not returning a positive profit, why are you continuing to spend at all?

The only valid exceptions for this simple view are where you're using AdWords purely as a branding tool, i.e. where you're more interested in reach than raw profit.

So, the simple question is, are your Campaigns profitable?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashish J
May 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ashish,

I believe what you are looking for is how to calculate how much more your current campaign could spend. There is a column in your account that tells you how much Impression share (IS) you lost due to budget constraints. This will give you a % of impressions that you lost out on due to low daily budget settings.

For simplicity, if you are spending $100 a day and you have an IS lost % (budget) of 50% then you know that you could spend $200/day.

Learn more here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

If you are just looking to see how much you can lower a daily budget by, then a simple look at historical spend per day will give you an idea if what the campaign can spend per day.

That being said, Jon makes some very good points, this should be a calculation you are performing on converting campaigns.

Good Luck