Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Limited by budget

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi guys,

Three of my campaigns are limted by budget even though the spent is not even close to the budget. How can I fix this without increasing my budget?

Mind that my campaigns are only search network.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign Limited by budget

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Robots can also be wrong. Try increasing the bids and see if they go away after two to three days.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Can you explain please?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Limited by Budget is just a metric and it can be wrong. I request you to wait at least a week and see if the dialog disappears

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

okay! Thanks for telling me!

have a good one

Cheers

Oscar

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi PremioOscar, I don't think we should be so quick to dismiss this message as faulty and I've no idea why "StructuredPPC" is suggesting you should increase your bids, that's just totally irrelevant.

Can you look at a single day's results please?  Say yesterday or the day before?  How much did you spend in that day?  Have you changed the budget at all at any point?

In my experience when you get a message that says "Limited by budget" most of the time it means exactly what it says, that your Campaign(s) are reaching their daily budget on a regular basis.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi PremioOscar,

Further to Jon's post, when your Max CPC is a significant portion of the budget left for the day, Google will stop showing your ads to prevent overserving more than 20% in a single day.

Just as an example, let's say your Max CPC bid is $10 and you have a $20 a day budget. In this case you may get no impressions at all. If Google shows your ad to 3 users at the same time and all 3 click on your ad, they will have overserved by 50%, but they guarantee they will not overserve by more than 20%.

If your average (actual) CPC is lower than your bids, you might try lowering your bids rather than raising them. Or, you can increase your daily budget. Let's say your Max CPC bid is still $10, you have a $100 daily budget, and you are currently spending $80 a day, failing to use the last $20 of the budget. If you raise your daily budget to $120, your ads should stop serving after a $100 spend.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords