AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Issue

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Last week we decided to change our campaign’s landing page to the new and fresh design landing page, the same as what we’ve done for last 6 years (every year we migrate to the new landing page). We didn’t change keywords, ads text, ad groups and settings but the converted click dropped significantly.  

First day after the change, we didn’t get any impressions and our ads didn’t show up in google in almost all keywords. So the account manager told us that we need to wait at least 24 hours for analysing the new landing page performance. We waited but nothing happened and ads still weren’t showing.  

Account manager suggested to change the campaign from CPA to CPC for getting enough clicks (leads) then Adwrods can analyse better, based on the new clicks. Then after getting 15 leads we can change the bid strategy to CPA and we’ll get the same performance as before.  

Once we changed bid strategy from CPA to CPC the impression almost got doubled and ads were showing as a first result, but still no converted clicks.  

So I’m just wondering,  

1) Should we move back to the old landing pages?

2) In case we want to use new landing pages, is this a good idea to change bid strategy from CPA to CPC?

3) How long do we need to keep CPC bid strategy?  

Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign Issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Vahid E;

Remember that the click comes before the landing page. So, the cause for no impressions and no clicks should be looked in the campaign settings / targeting methods is and not at the landing page.

I would revert all changes made in the campaign settings, but would keep the new landing page.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’