AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Experiment

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi..

I want to start experiment on my existing campaign.
Does experiments in campaigns, ads or keywords paid? if it is so how we differentiate them from original campaigns ads or keywords.
 What is control and experiment split and how we use it?

Please suggess....

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Campaign Experiment

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Experiments can be applied at Campaign Level. But you can manage Expeirments at Adgroup and as well as keyword and adcopy level. Once you choose experiment you want to run (i usually runs Contol 20% and Experiment 80% (it depends on your campaign goal)) and hit start running at campaign level settings.

To Judge performence Go To Segment and choose Experiment. You can change status of your adgroup/keywords/adcopies by choosing "Control only" or "Experiment Only" after viewing the stats.

Example:

My campaign is running on Experiment. I have analyazed stats and make changes to Experiment settings down to adgroup level. For Instance, In last 30 days Adgroup: XXXXX

Control - 20% - 3 Conversion @ $178.13
Experiment - 80% - 11 converison @ $75

I changed my adgroup settings from Control & Experiement to Experiment only as this adgroup is running good at Experiment bidding.

You can also optimize at keyword level.

You may would like to read a thread on the same topic:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results-optimize-ROI-CTR/Running-experiments-on-new-...

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@rick85 wrote:

Hi..

I want to start experiment on my existing campaign.
Does experiments in campaigns, ads or keywords paid? if it is so how we differentiate them from original campaigns ads or keywords.
 What is control and experiment split and how we use it?

Please suggess....

Thanks,

I am not sure what exactly you mean by "Does experiments in campaigns, ads or keywords paid? "

Creating experiment is not going to cost you anything but whatever clicks or impression your experiments get will cost you as per CPC or CPM

This is what officially help has to say "While campaign experiments don't cost anything to enable, experiments are treated as changes to your account and will be billed like any other campaign."

On how to use experiements I think you should go through this help section

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2385204

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Experiments can be applied at Campaign Level. But you can manage Expeirments at Adgroup and as well as keyword and adcopy level. Once you choose experiment you want to run (i usually runs Contol 20% and Experiment 80% (it depends on your campaign goal)) and hit start running at campaign level settings.

To Judge performence Go To Segment and choose Experiment. You can change status of your adgroup/keywords/adcopies by choosing "Control only" or "Experiment Only" after viewing the stats.

Example:

My campaign is running on Experiment. I have analyazed stats and make changes to Experiment settings down to adgroup level. For Instance, In last 30 days Adgroup: XXXXX

Control - 20% - 3 Conversion @ $178.13
Experiment - 80% - 11 converison @ $75

I changed my adgroup settings from Control & Experiement to Experiment only as this adgroup is running good at Experiment bidding.

You can also optimize at keyword level.

You may would like to read a thread on the same topic:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results-optimize-ROI-CTR/Running-experiments-on-new-...

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Excllent reply neha Smiley Happy

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Neha

Now everything is clear for your great example. 

Can u Please let me more clear about control (20% ) and experiment (80%). how adwords system measure performances?. i mean how it works in our campaigns when we selects control and experiment. you understand what i mean to say...

Regards,
-Rick

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello,

I searched a About Campaign Experiment article for you. Go through it from start to end. You will get to know everything.

Thanks

Neha

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rick

Here is an another article which help you to start the campaign experiment

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375383

Raghu