2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Experiment ads not running

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all, I've run a few campaign experiments before and I've never had any issues, but this one has me stumped. In one of my ad groups in a search campaign, I have 3 ads, but I wanted to test a minor change (specifically in the display URL), so I created an almost identical version of each ad in the campaign with the minor change I wanted to test, and set the experiment to run 50%/50% regular vs experiment. However, after the first few days, it seemed that the experiment ads were not running almost at all (the % served for 2 of them is 0.00 and for the third is 0.63), while the rest of the campaign seems to be running normal. The status of all the ads is Approved, and when I mouse over each, it tells me that the test ads are not showing right now, but doesn't give me a reason. When I try to test again, it tells me I have an "invalid keyword" (which makes no sense, as it is the same keyword that seems to be working for the non-test ads.)

Anyone have any ideas of what could be going wrong?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign Experiment ads not running

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello there;

I would recommend a statistician looking into the experiment setting. It looks that there is a low volume of traffic, and the experiment "part" has to receive higher traffic.
I definitely would not recommend setting an experiment unless you have a background in statistics;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Mosh,

The ad group in question has 12k impressions in the past week, which should be sufficient traffic to test the new ads. The problem is that the campaign was set up to run 50% experiment and so far is running less than 1%, and the ads are not showing, though I'm not sure why.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Lea M

We are missing something here. And what I think we are missing is that you made more than one change per test. AdWords experiments is a single variable statistical test and not a multi-variable one.
Having said that, someone needs to look into the experiment settings and figure whether the experiment was set properly,  I would suggest calling support asking the to look into the experiment setting.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’