AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Budget Changes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I know that when you set a daily budget. Google multiplies it by 30.4 and ensures you do not overspend it.

If you reduce a £150 to £50 in the middle of the month and my campaign spends £150 a day therefore £2250 in the month so far. Does that mean that if I changed it to £50 (£1520) for an entire month, that will mean that your ad's in your campaign will no longer gain impressions?

If it does not work like this then how does reducing a campaign budget impact on its performance?

I appreciate any replies!
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign Budget Changes

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi James,

No, it would not stop showing impressions for your campaign. The monthly charging limit of 30.4*your daily budget won't be used if your daily budget changes throughout the month, even though the 120% daily budget spend limit (for overdelivery) still applies.

If you take a look at the bottom of this page on budget changes, and this page on monthly charging limits, you can see more details.

Does this help?

Cassie

Re: Campaign Budget Changes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is an impact on the Ad performance, I would suggest you to run the ADS consistently & use the option AD Schedule wisely rather than pausing the campaign.