AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Bid Simulator

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I haven't used Campaign Bid Simulator yet.  I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with it.

I have an account with a 110K in monthly spend, well optimized, good QSs, 5% conversion rate, steady as you go.  

The Campaign Bid Simulator is saying that if we increase our bids by 50%, we'd bump our clicks by 10K/month - given other metrics, it projects the we would get about 2x back in revenue, 1.65x in revenue if we dipped to 4% conversion rate.  Even at 3% we are making an extra 10K.   So, this obviously has some appeal.  Because the account is so stable, I am considering running this by my client. 

I do have a pretty good understanding of statistics, and I also know about diminishing returns, and that we'd have incremental variable costs simply moving the product.

All that being said, I am seeking your experience, the reliability of the projections, etc.

Regards, Doug
LinkedIn  

Re: Campaign Bid Simulator

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Doug,

Why don't you try this by running an ACE-test? For instance you can use your usual bid for 90% of the time and bid 50% more for 10% of the time.

More info: http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/ace.html

Good luck!