Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Calls as convertions

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Dear adwords cummunity experts, 

I am getting lot's of clicks on my phone number but system register only few conversions. 
For example in my pizza campaign where lot's of people call to order pizza I can see 288 clicks on my phone number in last 30 days but only 4 convertions from this clicks. 

What happended with other 284 clicks? How adwords system register understands if I got convertion from mobile phone or not. 

Thanks. 

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexey C
September 2015

Re: Calls as convertions

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alexey C,

There are a couple bits of information that may be needed here from you. For example, where are you getting the data that your call extension has 284 clicks? I ask this as there are 2 different numbers in this case, namely clicks on your ad when your call extension is present and clicks on the actual call extension. Many people confuse the first for the second.

With regards to mobile or not, a user can not click on the phone number on a desktop but only on a mobile, so the calls that are tracked will all come from mobile (forwarding number excluded).

You can not simply look at the call extension clicks under the ad extensions tab. this will tell you clicks when your call extension is present. To prove this, segment the call extensions data by click type and you will see that most of those clicks for the call extension are actually on your headline of the ad. The clicks on the call extension itself or mobile clicks to call under the segmentation of click type is what you are looking for.

Let me know if you need any clarification.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexey C
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alexey C,

There are a couple bits of information that may be needed here from you. For example, where are you getting the data that your call extension has 284 clicks? I ask this as there are 2 different numbers in this case, namely clicks on your ad when your call extension is present and clicks on the actual call extension. Many people confuse the first for the second.

With regards to mobile or not, a user can not click on the phone number on a desktop but only on a mobile, so the calls that are tracked will all come from mobile (forwarding number excluded).

You can not simply look at the call extension clicks under the ad extensions tab. this will tell you clicks when your call extension is present. To prove this, segment the call extensions data by click type and you will see that most of those clicks for the call extension are actually on your headline of the ad. The clicks on the call extension itself or mobile clicks to call under the segmentation of click type is what you are looking for.

Let me know if you need any clarification.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Sweet, nice suggestion. Previously I was just looking on statistics under call extension tab.
Right now I can see that noone clicked on my phone number - mostly people click on headline so noone is actually calling my client. Hehe. Anyway I am getting quite good CTR for such kind of ads. And people 1st need to choose pizza and then call so I can understand them.

Thanks Clynton
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
No problem, glad I could help!