Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Call to Action?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Adwords Community:

I need your opinion based on your experience - what is a better call to action? Is it "Call 416.568.2688" OR Email "info@signsden.com"?...

This is because, in my Google Display Ad - I am limited to choose one due to limitation in the space provided.

Thanks in advance for your help...

Cheers!

Ernest

Signs Den

www.signsden.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call to Action?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I think call is better than Email since people have to type in the subject and message to Email. Let's see how the other optimizers responding to this.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

It is always better use the phone number, because a customer can call you instantly.

You mentioned display ad. I am not sue if you are refering to text ad in Google Display Network.

Info

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Phone number is considerably better!

Should people see your ad and call without clicking on the ad your getting a free lead. Definitely worth trying when your limited by budget. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Do you think people will call or email you just after seeing an ad?
I´d guess most interested people will click the ad. So I´d insert a strong selling point (like 24/7 support) and a strong call to action (like get a qute today, try it for free now) and send them to a landing page where all options are available: phone number, email and form.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
iam new to this network can u help me

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I see what you are saying and I think it all depends on the service and the daily allocated budget you have to work with.

For some businesses offering comprehensive services needing more information to entice the reader you would be right.

However, if you are a locksmith, plumber or some sort of an 'emergency service' it can work.

But to compromise a little with what your call to action you can have 'Call 1300 999 888 For 24/7 Service'. 

I guess at the end of the day its a constantly testing methodology to find out what works best. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

If you can get a unique number to put on your ads you should definitely do that in order to measure how many actually call you just by viewing an ad.

It´s a pain in the  *** to do that in my country, but I know it´s really easy if you reside in the US