3.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Call only ad campaign and call only ad in Search Network Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For India, I created a call only ad in search network-all feature campaign but it is not working (not getting any impressions). Support center told me to create a separate campaign for call only but, for US account when I create call only ad in search network along with text ad it works normally. So, does it make difference in ad performance ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Re: Call only ad campaign and call only ad in Search Network Campaign

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @ak**bleep**a p

Welcome to Community!

I think there is some confusion because the support team is right we need to create a different type Call only under search network for Call Only Campaign. As you can not select all features and call only together. Because in Call only ads your Contact no should be your headline but this does not work in all features. What you can do is you can select the mobile preference under Ads in All features type.

For more about the mobile ad follow this link:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472719?vid=1-635797935541803393-1077775372&authuser=0#cal...

And check the Screenshot as well which shows that you cannot sect both at once:

1.png

2.png

Hope that works!

Regards

Ana

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi akshita,

To add on to Ana's answer, Call Only ads now need to be separated into their own campaign ("Call Only" campaigns)--call only ads can't be mixed in with regular text ads. You can read more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?vid=1-635798353260462621-3645851084#callonly

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ana,

Thanks for replying.

My question was not for selecting all features and call only together. I am running a campaign for USA which is search network-all features and have created call-only ads in it. It is running quite well, you can check in the attachment but when I was creating same thing for India adwords account, the call-only ad was not working. So why is it that?rgt.png

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi Akshita,

As @Ana A and I mentioned, the ability to have call only ads within a regular search campaign has been phased out. Your U.S. ads may have somehow gotten overlooked by the system during the switch. Going forward, you can either have just text ads in a Search Network Only campaign, or call only ads in a Call Only campaign.

Hope this helps!
Cassie