1.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Call extension metrics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a call forwarding extension on my campaign and have received two phone calls. I would like to view the metrics, however when I follow the instructions that is listed in the adwords help section I do not have the options they list. 

This is the instructions I was following:

1. Sign in to AdWords, then navigate to your preferred tab.
  2. Click the Columns drop-down box, then click "Customize columns."
  3. Select the checkboxes for one or more of the following columns: Phone impressions, Phone calls, Phone-through rate (PTR), and Phone cost. Or, simply click "Call details" to select all five columns at once.
  4. Click the Save button in the bottom left corner of the green area (you may have to scroll down the page).

But I do not have the option to choose any of the columns pertaining to phone (only clicks.)

Can someone please help me with this? Is there another way to go about getting phone call metrics?

Also does Google record the phone call? I thought I read somewhere that they did.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Call extension metrics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello anigon,

I am not sure why don't get that option. But you might look at the screenshot below:

call details

If you look at this screenshot, you need to click on Columns and then customize. Then it takes you to above screen where you can select the Call details metrics ( Phone impressions, Phone calls etc...) which are important for you.

You will get the Phone Call Details under the Dimensions Tab>>Call Details. This is only applicable if you have selected Google forwarding number in your Call Extensions and that extensions are approved.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello anigon,

I am not sure why don't get that option. But you might look at the screenshot below:

call details

If you look at this screenshot, you need to click on Columns and then customize. Then it takes you to above screen where you can select the Call details metrics ( Phone impressions, Phone calls etc...) which are important for you.

You will get the Phone Call Details under the Dimensions Tab>>Call Details. This is only applicable if you have selected Google forwarding number in your Call Extensions and that extensions are approved.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Anigon,

Following the screenshot from Pankaj1782, you should be able to see the call metrics. Make sure you are looking at the campaigns or ad groups tab to see the 'Call details' option in 'Columns'.

Hopefully this helps!

Rachel