AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Call Reporting.

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I have noticed in the call details I 22 missed calls.  From my understanding, if Google AdWords’ call details show a missed call, it means the number was dialled but not answered. Is there any way a call labelled ‘missed call’ in Google AdWords, was the user clicking on the ad and then not following through and completing the call?

Call Reporting.

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

This is what the Google Rep has told us.

To Clarify the call details reporting: 

• If a call comes in and the phone starts ringing - but the user hangs up before the call is picked up - that's a missed call.
  • As soon as the call is picked up whether by human or IVR - even if it gets hung up after a second, that is a received call.
  • In addition to this, a call may be considered a "conversion".  This happens when the length of the call reaches a certain amount of time - I believe by default it is 60 seconds.  But on this parameter, we - the Adwords users - can configure that time.  We use 45 seconds as the min time.

Just looking for someone to confirm this for me.