AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Call Only Campaign Settings

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Question A:             1. Campaign Setting: Campaign Type: Search Network Only
                                                                 Campaign Sub-Type: All Feature
                                                                 Ads: Call Only Ad.
                               2. Campaign Setting: Campaign Type: Search Network Only
                                                                 Campaign Sub-Type: Call Only
                                                                 Ads: Call Only Ad.
The above both campaign type and sub-type will support call only ad. 
in above both which will give best result for call only ads.

Question B:  Before Call Only Ad I was using Text Ad. My Campaign was performing awesome. We used to drive good call using Call Extensions. But When Google stop supporting phone number only option in call extension, I have to make call only campaign. Now campaign is not performing well. Even i put first page estimated bid but still i am getting 5 to 10 clicks in a day only and avg CPC is like 4 times more.  Can anyone Please Help Me to make my campaign good and deliverable. 

Question C: If i am making a new campaign, how much time required to run that campaign properly? Is there something like campaign stability(making changes affects performance of campaign like bid changes, adding keywords, pausing, enabling these kind of activity)? 
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call Only Campaign Settings

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kamal,

Both the campaigns with Sub-type: All Feature and Call Only are same because both campaigns have Only 'Call Only' ads. This means your ads can only appear on devices supporting such ads and nowhere else, that means on Mobile device only.

With Call Only campaigns we and many other advertisers have also seen a drop in Traffic and increase in Avg CPC. I myself did raise this question to Google Reps about low traffic/high cpc in Call Only campaigns and got a reply saying as the Call Only campaigns have been created from scratch with Call Only ads, Google will consider these as new ads with no history and your ads will be competing with the ads which are already there with good history, therefore the CPCs are higher. But for low traffic, I still have no answer from Google Reps.

Does anyone here have answer to low traffic/high cpc in Call Only campaigns ?

Regards,
Ashish

Re: Call Only Campaign Settings

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Kamal Z;

Could you explain what do you mean by:... But When Google stoped supporting phone number option in call extension?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’