star_border

Call Only Campaign, Got Clicks Not Calls

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i am running a call only campaign, Target location USA, 

My ads are having Call To Action

yesterday i received 21 clicks but only 3 calls,

my question is why there is a difference between clicks and calls when search term is Exact?

can anyone please describe or help me into this ?

Thanks 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Call Only Campaign, Got Clicks Not Calls

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi there,

I'd also recommend putting more descriptive text in your ad, if possible. Beyond a call to action, you want to give users as much info as possible so that if they do choose to click on the ad, they have a full understanding of your offering and are ready to follow through with a call. Text about prices, discounts, and other promotions can be helpful here.

In addition to trying longer tail kewyords like Ajay suggested, make sure to review your search terms report if all of your keywords are not in exact match. If you have an in phrase or broad match modifier, you could also be getting irrelevant traffic.

Hope this helps!
Cassie

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Fare S
I think this is to do with visitors clicking the ads, not making the call. Many clicks do not result in calls since the user clicks the ad but does not make the call.

Thanks
Ajay

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ajay,

i am getting clicks through exact search term, I mean people searching for [Flight Tickets] and click on ad.. but can't understand why we don't they call, when they are looking for Flight tickets??

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Fare, you could also further strengthen you keywords by using long tail keywords like [book flight tickets now] for example or make your campaigns more granular by using specific flights and locations. They might have lower search volume but are still worth.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi there,

I'd also recommend putting more descriptive text in your ad, if possible. Beyond a call to action, you want to give users as much info as possible so that if they do choose to click on the ad, they have a full understanding of your offering and are ready to follow through with a call. Text about prices, discounts, and other promotions can be helpful here.

In addition to trying longer tail kewyords like Ajay suggested, make sure to review your search terms report if all of your keywords are not in exact match. If you have an in phrase or broad match modifier, you could also be getting irrelevant traffic.

Hope this helps!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

Thanks for the suggestion, i will apply it and will modify my ads.

thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually Making a call is a 2 Step Process.Not all clicks end up with call.When user clicks the ad in the 1st step it is counted as click,after that he has to tap the call button to make the call in the final step.

So if you have 10 clicks but only 4 calls,means users have clicked to your ad 10 times but only tap the phone no 4 times.

Hope it helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
[So if you have 10 clicks but only 4 calls,means users have clicked to your ad 10 times but only tap the phone no 4 times.]

I go understand it, but i am confuse here, when i see my search term, people are searching with using exact term of my service(keywords), then why they aren't calling?

there is no irrelevant clicks or search, exact search and then click but no calls..

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Now you should understand that you cannot guarantee a call even if you have made the best ads of the world or choose the best keyword possible.The end choice is the customer's mindset.

You can tweak your keywords,adcopy to maximize the possibilty of the call but cannot gurantee it.May be you try some ad scheduling or timing.May be it works for you.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Fare

Let's face it, you will never have 100% or even 80% call conversion ratio, even in call only campaigns for exact match searches. Reason, as pointed out yesterday, is that not everyone will do a search in Google right at the time when they are ready to buy, some are looking only for information, some may have other purpose than booking. The fact that you got 4 calls and 10 clicks i.e. 40% call to clicks ratio I would say is a decent return, though it can be improved by following measures suggested earlier in this thread.

Thanks