AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Call Extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've taken over a google adwords account (previously someone was managing it for me and didn't do a good job so now learning myself).

I've found under Call extensions that we had whole lot of numbers that we weren't even using. I couldn't delete as there wasn't such option so I edit them however by going this I removed my results. I still have one number which is incorrect (added twice) but can't remove and it's connecting to one of the phone conversions also set for another number.

My questions are please:

1. Remove numbers which I don't use anymore

2. Add this call outs to specific ad groups manually - I'm not sure how they are added and which ad group is showing what number.

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April

Call Extensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Linda K,

To manage your ad extension, access ads & extensions tab >> extensions >> use filter for particular extension type >> select all using check box >> edit >> remove.

Please note that the same extension will be repeated multiple time if it has been implemented to other campaigns/ad group also.

Now, on the same tab, use + to add the extension >> use existing(select the correct one from the list) otherwise create new >> save.

**If you want to use the same phone number across all the campaigns in the account, add it at account level.

and you want to use it at campaign/ad group level, you will be given the option to select particular campaigns/ad groups from the list.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April

Call Extensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Linda K,

To manage your ad extension, access ads & extensions tab >> extensions >> use filter for particular extension type >> select all using check box >> edit >> remove.

Please note that the same extension will be repeated multiple time if it has been implemented to other campaigns/ad group also.

Now, on the same tab, use + to add the extension >> use existing(select the correct one from the list) otherwise create new >> save.

**If you want to use the same phone number across all the campaigns in the account, add it at account level.

and you want to use it at campaign/ad group level, you will be given the option to select particular campaigns/ad groups from the list.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Call Extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply. 

When I load Ad extensions I see the + blue button but as soon as the page is loaded the button disappears so I can't add new extension. (I've tried this on all or filtered ones).

I've edited existing phone numbers this way:

I'm using one number for 4 campaigns. And I have set up conversions for each in my adwords conversions (as calls from ads). I've edited existing numbers that I now have 6 call extensions using the same number however each one is connected to its own campaign (under count conversion...) and each one has it set for mobiles as well. Is this the right way of setting this up? I still need to add 2 more (for one campaign -1 for not mobiles ticked, and 1 mobiles ticked).

Now, how do I add each phone number (2 for each campaign (mobile & not mobile)) to each campaign please? 

Thank you

Call Extensions

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Though, it's still not clear.

Hope you want to use 2 different numbers as call extensions in every campaign.

If so, follow the same procedure.

Either implement it at account level or if you want these at campaign level then you will have to option to select multiple phone numbers.

Please write back if your query is not the same.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, sorry still not clear.

I have one number that we use across 4 websites. This same number I use in few different campaigns. However if someone clicks/call the number, depending on the ad, I would like the number be tracked under correct conversion. 

So I have set it up this way:

same number = converting as website 1

same number = converting as website 1 mobile

same number = converting as website 2

same number = converting as website 2 mobile

same number = converting as website 3

same number = converting as website 3 mobile

same number = converting as website 4

same number = converting as website 4 mobile

Is this correct? Or how else would I track if the same number is converted for its specific ad (campaign)?

Then how do I add these to correct campaigns as I can't see which one is for which conversion?

Thank you

Call Extensions

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

If you are only using one phone number, then you only need one call extension, applied to the account level. Devices, campaigns, etc. don't matter, if it's all the same number.

Following the process @Archit outlined - Delete everything that exists now, create one new call extension at the account level, and you will be rid of all this confusing mess. Smiley Happy

A call conversion is a call conversion, regardless of which campaign generated the call conversion. Unlike other platforms conversion pixels, Google does not rely on campaign specific conversions / code. AdWords is much simpler and easier to effectively manage than FB Ads. Smiley Happy

Tom

Call Extensions

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

So, you have set up 8 campaigns for 4 different websites (splitting to mobile devices and desktop + tablets for each website).

As mentioned by Tom, AdWords tracking is smart enough to track which campaign's ad has lead to the conversion and will show that conversation corresponding to particular campaign only.

So, again the same procedure will be followed (at account level or selecting all 8 campaigns).

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much.

I would like to delete them now but doesn't give me that option. Is it elsewhere I should edit this?

Then also under conversions in adwords, should I only keep one conversion as "calls from ads" for this one number? As now the number will only be linked to 1?

Thank you