AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Call Extensions & Google Network!!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

The call extensions which google provides to its advertisers displays the business phone number to users searching on their HTML mobile phones (not talking about call extensions with google forwarding number) on google.com(or your specific google domain), google maps for mobile, google mobile app and google voice search via Help Article

I just want to confirm if the above info is true. Aren't the call extenions eligible to show on google search partner sites?( I dont often advertise on partner sites).

Another issue,when we talk about the google network its distributed into the google seach and google display network. The google search network includes google.com,google properties like google images,maps,groups etc and finally the google search partner sites like AOL.

Under the network targeting options in the adwords campaign settings,does the "search partner" option includes any google properties along with the search partner sites like AOL within it?

Best

Mudit

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Call Extensions & Google Network!!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mudit,

If we go by the Google books, it says like:

Your business phone number will be clickable for customers who access Google.com search, Voice search, Google Mobile App, or Google Maps for Mobile.

I cannot see any partners site name here like AOL etc...

Under the network targeting options in the adwords campaign settings,does the "search partner" option includes any google properties along with the search partner sites like AOL within it?

Yes, the search partner will include Google properties and its partner sites AOL and rest... But make sure that you cannot target only Search partners, although you can target Google Search alone inside campaign settings.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mudit,

If we go by the Google books, it says like:

Your business phone number will be clickable for customers who access Google.com search, Voice search, Google Mobile App, or Google Maps for Mobile.

I cannot see any partners site name here like AOL etc...

Yes, the search partner will include Google properties and its partner sites AOL and rest... But make sure that you cannot target only Search partners, although you can target Google Search alone inside campaign settings.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey pankaj

Thanks for your feed back. As far as targeting the "search partners" is concerned, I wish we as advertisers could target this alone and not only in the combination with google search!

Best

Mudit

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

There are definitely no impressions for call forwarding number extensions for any network other than google search.

I can't think of a way to parse the standard call extension data, as it relates to the search partners network, since you can't segment by network and click type at the same time. It seems like the theory fits the parctice in this case, but how could you really verify that, with standard call extensions? Interesting point Mudit....

Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Thomas

True..the standard call extension data which adwords provide can't be segmented further (though I seriously feel that more info should be available as in the case of google forwarding numbers only available to advertisers in US and UK)..Though I run my call extensions on "google search" only, so the data which I view is for google search or google voice search only!!

But as it says that call extensions are also eligible to appear for google maps for mobile and thus to cover it I need to have my campaign opted into "search partners" as well, with an added burden of showing my ad on sites like AOL even when I don't personally want it. Even if the call extension shows on google map for mobile, there is no way to segment if it generated a click to call or a headline click!!

This means that the only sane option left is the the "google search" and "google voice search".

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

That's the part of the question I wasn't comprehending. Smiley Happy What is google search, and what is search partners.

Are Google.com search, Voice search, Google Mobile App, or Google Maps for Mobile search partners, or google search?

I have to take all my tests again, so I want to make sure I have this right. Smiley Happy

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=90956

The Search Network is one part of the Google Network, our name for all the webpages and apps where AdWords ads can appear. The Search Network includes Google search result pages, result pages, pages related to search results, and site directory pages on search partner sites like AOL, and other Google search sites like Google Images, Maps, and Shopping.

Google search properties, seems to imply, that Images, maps, and shopping are all google search, not search partners. So you shouldn't have to include search partners to show ads on google maps for mobile (or voice search), right? Of course seems, does not mean is.... Smiley Happy

Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Thomas

You are right and so was I before I raised this question and it got answered by Deepak.

Google images,maps,groups,shopping etc are google properties or products which are a part of google search and not search partners.

When an advertiser creates an image ad and chooses only "google search",automatically the ad would be shown on google images beacause thats the product on which it is eligible to appear.

So,I can very well target google search properties like maps,image,shopping,groups etc by creating an ad eligible for each of such search platforms and targeting only "google search"Smiley Happy