AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Call Extension

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Expert,

How I will verified my phone number in call extension. Here my phone no is showing unverified.
Can you tell me the step?
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Call Extension

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Lisa,

If the number on your call extension is the same os the number on your website (and this can be on any page on your website - it doesn't need to be the home page or the ad LP) then it will verify.

If, however, you are using a number that is not on your website you will need to link with WMT. I would certainly not recommend the 3rd option - but that was from Google, not pankaj1782 - a terrible idea if ever there was one in my humble opinion.

if this os not an option I implemented a workaround - I set up a page on the client's website with just the phone number - it is not navigable from the rest of the website, but I added it as the verification url... and that worked for me.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lisa,

I believe you are referring to phone number verification for Call only ads. Let us know if that's not the case here.

For this, you can verify it using multiple options:-

1. Provide the website URL where this number is already there. AdWords will automatically verify it and your ad will be approved.

2. Link your AdWords and Webmasters tools account to complete the phone number verification. More details here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3097241#webmaster

3. Setting up the conversion tracking. More details:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Did you get my point? I ma not talking about call only campaign. I am asking about call extension.
My website phone no. is deffer from call extension phone number. How I will verify this number. Status is approved but number is unverified. Please tell me.

Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Lisa,

If the number on your call extension is the same os the number on your website (and this can be on any page on your website - it doesn't need to be the home page or the ad LP) then it will verify.

If, however, you are using a number that is not on your website you will need to link with WMT. I would certainly not recommend the 3rd option - but that was from Google, not pankaj1782 - a terrible idea if ever there was one in my humble opinion.

if this os not an option I implemented a workaround - I set up a page on the client's website with just the phone number - it is not navigable from the rest of the website, but I added it as the verification url... and that worked for me.