Normal weekdays

• CTR is around 3-4%
  • Avg pos - 5
  • CPC - 0.18

Weekends

• CTR - 7-9%
  • Avg pos - 3
  • CPC - 0.20

Is this due to some other competitors not adversiting on the weekend? its a consumer product and an ecommerce site, nothing B2B. As far as i can see, i see all comeptitors on weekends and weekdays advertising.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: CTR high on weekends

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello cartman,

There is no hard and fast rule in paid digital advertising Smiley Happy

It's the profit, sales, leads which matter by the end of the day whether it is coming on a week day or weekend.

After seeing the above stats, I woud suggest you to further look at the sales trend of your Adwords campaigns. If you are getting good sales on weekends, then invest more advertising budget during the weekend as compared to normal weekdays.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Cartman,
In Addition to Pankaj's great advice:

cartman wrote:

Is this due to some other competitors not adversiting on the weekend? its a consumer product and an ecommerce site, nothing B2B. As far as i can see, i see all comeptitors on weekends and weekdays advertising.

Possible that competitors are bidding less in weekends. You might consider using Ad scheduling.

Here are wiki's by Top Contributors:

Ad Scheduling by Cobnut

Ad Scheduling by Kim

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello cartman,

There is no hard and fast rule in paid digital advertising Smiley Happy

It's the profit, sales, leads which matter by the end of the day whether it is coming on a week day or weekend.

After seeing the above stats, I woud suggest you to further look at the sales trend of your Adwords campaigns. If you are getting good sales on weekends, then invest more advertising budget during the weekend as compared to normal weekdays.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Cartman,
In Addition to Pankaj's great advice:

cartman wrote:

Possible that competitors are bidding less in weekends. You might consider using Ad scheduling.

Here are wiki's by Top Contributors:

Ad Scheduling by Cobnut

Ad Scheduling by Kim

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’