3.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

CPA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have activated CPA in my campaign and I saw that my ads stopped appearing on google. does cpa affect the appearance frequency on google. If I disable cpa from my campaign, after how much time my ads would get visible on google. Ads were appearing on 1st or 2nd position before this change.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: CPA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shubham,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I would suggest you to give sometime to this tool to perform optimally for you. Don't go for the drastic changes within a short interval of time (like going from CPC to CPA bidding and vice versa).

It might be possible that Conversion Optimizer takes some time to give output you are looking for.

Read this informative article by TC Scott which gives more insights on this feature.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot!

This article is good, but this is helpful for only those who want to apply CPA. I have switched over to CPC due to certain amount of loss. I want to know that why are my ads not appearing on google after this change.

And one more thing as written in this article:

The results were fairly instantaneous and resulted in a reduction in cost per conversion with an increased total number of conversions.

Yes Results were instantaneous, but resulted in an increase in cost and it decreased conversions.

Waiting for your reply!

Shubham

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Shubham,

Now if you are running CPC bidding, did you try keyword diagnosis for your account? If you hover mouse over the pseech bubble of individual keywords, what message is shown? Does it say ads running or not?

Yes Results were instantaneous, but resulted in an increase in cost and it decreased conversions.

As I said above, it takes time for this tool to show you the results which you actually want. I don't know if you followed the recommended CPA bidding suggested by Google or tried your own and how much time you analyzed and monitored the results. This could differ from advertiser to advertiser.

The results were fairly instantaneous and resulted in a reduction in cost per conversion with an increased total number of conversions.

The ideas and content expressed by Scott are what he actually would have observed and based on his experience would have encouraged him to write so. But as I said above, results could vary from one person to another.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks again!

Yes I have tried Keyword Diagnosis and when I preview the ad, they appears on first or second position, but when I check on Google, my ads do not appear there.

I have tried CPA for 10 days, I have followed suggested bidding.

I agree with you but what to do now if ads are not appearing on google but on preview tool.

Shubham

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Shubham,

There's a similar thread where I answered the same query yesterday (ad preview and live google search). Kindly read it for more insights.

Pankaj