2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

CPA Bidding or not?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently running campaigns using broad match modifiers and interested in hearing what peoples views are on CPA bidding as the site is for people to go on and book a tour. Is it best to stick with standard cpc with enhanced cpc or change to cpa bidding? 

Also is it worthwhile selecting search partner sites or just stick with search only?

Thanks 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: CPA Bidding or not?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Alan,

Nothing is predefined here, Neither the bidding strategy and the search partners traffic quality.You need to try and analyse everything.

If you have enough data, then select the date range (i suggest at least last 14 days).
use segment tab and select Networks (with search Partners). Now check and analyse that whether the search partners are just eating up the budget without any conversion.
If no conversion, then you may uncheck the search partners for that particular campaign or all the campaigns from the settings tab.
Unfortunately Google don't provide too much analytic data to bifurcate the search queries of Google search and search partners.
So initially i suggest you to go with the search partners also.

Similarly, with the bidding strategy as it is not always necessary that Conversion optimizer yields the best result. May by your manual CPC would perform better. So you can test and analyse with CO initially for few campaigns and compare the analytics. To use ECPC or CO, ypu need to fulfill some criteria that is 15 conversions in the past 30 days.

ECPC and CO, both have their own importance though the objective is same.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alan,

There is no single rule to it Smiley Happy

For CPA bidding, there are some of the pre-requisites that need to be in place so that your ads get eligible like 15 conversions in the past 30 days or so, conversion history of the account.

I would say that in case you are getting good amount of conversions, you should try this bidding atleast once and see how AdWords system automatically manages your bid and auctions. AdWords is all about experimentation and until you don't try it, you won't get the experience of how is it going.

I would also suggest you to read this document for more insights on how to use Conversion Optimizer:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471188

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Alan,

Nothing is predefined here, Neither the bidding strategy and the search partners traffic quality.You need to try and analyse everything.

If you have enough data, then select the date range (i suggest at least last 14 days).
use segment tab and select Networks (with search Partners). Now check and analyse that whether the search partners are just eating up the budget without any conversion.
If no conversion, then you may uncheck the search partners for that particular campaign or all the campaigns from the settings tab.
Unfortunately Google don't provide too much analytic data to bifurcate the search queries of Google search and search partners.
So initially i suggest you to go with the search partners also.

Similarly, with the bidding strategy as it is not always necessary that Conversion optimizer yields the best result. May by your manual CPC would perform better. So you can test and analyse with CO initially for few campaigns and compare the analytics. To use ECPC or CO, ypu need to fulfill some criteria that is 15 conversions in the past 30 days.

ECPC and CO, both have their own importance though the objective is same.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Great answers Pankaj and Archit. Thanks for helping.

@Alan, did you implement the above suggestions? How is it going? Do let us know.

Thanks,
Mini

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@Mini-CM

Thanks for your advice guys! I am going to try this out for a week and monitor differences