AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

CPA Bidding: Looking for Good Ways to Ease into it.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

In order to reduce the risks of large changes to accounts I have generally used AdWords Campaign Experiments (ACE) and ran like 80 or 90% on control then the rest on the experiment. This has worked very well for me in the past, but we cannot do so with Conversion Optimizer.

Does anyone have any good ideas to ease (reduce the risk) into using AdWord's CPA bidding?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: CPA Bidding: Looking for Good Ways to Ease into it.

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Matt,

Have you tried Target CPA or Target Return on Ad Spend bidding as opposed to Max CPA bidding? 

A target CPA bid is the average amount you'd like to pay for a conversion. Conversion Optimizer will set your bids to get the most conversions possible while achieving a cost per conversion that averages to the target CPA bid you set.

Target ROAS helps you maximize revenue by automatically adjusting your keyword, ad group, and campaign-level bids to meet a custom target return on ad spend.

Here are some benefits of switching to target CPA bidding or target ROAS (return on ad spend):

• You'll be able to better monitor your performance and optimize your bids.
  • You can also use our target CPA or target ROAS flexible bid strategies, which automatically set bids to optimize for your performance goals. These flexible bid strategies give you automated bidding exactly when, where, and how you want it - across multiple keywords, ad groups, or campaigns.

Hope that helps Matt. 

Re: CPA Bidding: Looking for Good Ways to Ease into it.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry, this didn't really answer my question entirely.

I know that we can use flexible CPA bidding and it will give you more options. But I am specifically interested in doing like 80% of everything with the CPA bids, and then have the ability to compare the performance with and without CPA bidding. Specifically without too much of a risk.