3.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

CONFUSED -- Dimensions > Hour of Day & AD SCHEDULE

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

CONFUSED -- Dimensions > Time Of Day on TARGET COUNTRY's TimeZone BUT AD SCHEDULE on MY LOCAL TIME!?

When viewing the Dimensions>Hour of Day it is showing in TARGET COUNTRY's Time .. but when I have to set ad schedules, I must do it in MY LOCAL TIME?!  

Please help me understand, because now I am not seeing this clearly, its kind of confusing.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Attila O
September 2015

Re: CONFUSED -- Dimensions > Hour of Day & AD SCHEDULE

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Attila,

AdScheduling considers your Account's Time zone that you have chosen while setting up your campaign.

If Your Time zone is USA and Your geo targeting is Brazil - To Show ads in Brazil, you need target time zone of USA which is equal to Time Zone of Brazil you want to target.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi @Attila, ad scheldule which you have created will match time of day on target countries even if you are targeting multiply countries at once. So if have set ads to show from 2 am up to 4 am, it will display ads from 2 am up 4 am in local timezones which you are targeting.

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So if i set a time for it to run 12AM-6AM my time, but I am targeting people in brazil

the ads will actually run 7PM-1AM BRAZIL TIME??

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
If you will set ads to run 12AM-6AM in campaign settings, they will run 12AM-6AM Brazil time if you are targeting Brazil.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You are wrong if the adwords guide is telling the truth as that's not what Adwords Guides are telling me, they say that the time settings are based on the timezone on MY ACCOUNT (GMT+2) not on target geo's timezone.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Attila O
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Attila,

AdScheduling considers your Account's Time zone that you have chosen while setting up your campaign.

If Your Time zone is USA and Your geo targeting is Brazil - To Show ads in Brazil, you need target time zone of USA which is equal to Time Zone of Brazil you want to target.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
@Neha Gupta @Attila O
I have been wrong, thanks for good lesson. One more time I understood how important is to review official adwords help articles instead of external blogs on any confusing information.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404244?hl=en

Thanks,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Alexexy,

It's okay! Always trust trusted resources! Lot of information available on internet, hard to decide what is right and what is wrong! Google Help Center Resources are well explained and neat. Smiley Happy

Thanks
Neha