2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

CLICK TO CALL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I currently have 6 campaigns going at the moment ranging from 36% CTR down to 8.77% with an avaerage overall of 12.72%, my question is as much as I work on them (about 1 hour a day) and as much as I learn new things in adwords (which changes all the time) weekly, and yes the phone rings but how do i increase the conversion from click to call even more ? There seems to be no way I can track? Thanks for your help

In the skip business

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: CLICK TO CALL

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Peter,

Personally I experienced with Click to Call feature of Google Adwords but no conversion. I hope after months or year, Google will down this feature. You should analyse your Adwords search data and clicks from devices. If you are finding there more clicks/visitors from mobile devices, create a separate campaign for mobile devices only. You can increase device bid by 300% on mobile devices. Keep lower in Max CPC Bid.

Hope it will give you some better clue to increase CTR.

Thanks

Virendra

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Something you need to bear in mind with click to call is that it is actually a 2 step process.

TRhe visitor clicks on the ad - anywhere in the ad, by the way - not just the number - and at this point you pay for the click.

but this is not the call... what actually happens is that their telephone opens up the phone app and pre-enters the number - they still have to click the call button...

What I found was happening - at least, what I suspect was happening - is that many people were clicking on the ad, expecting to go to the web page - one particular client of mine for whom this simply didn't work is a cancer clinic. Expecting to go the web page, they then found themselves with an option (and only one option) - to call.

They simply weren't ready to call... they wanted to check us out, get an idea of what the service was about, etc. They seemed to find it a little to "eager"... like a really, really pushy salesman - so they just left.

You can configure the calls to record as conversions in AdWords, that helps - but I think for many people, the UX is simply too new....

If I wanted to simply order a pizza, this would be fine, but for anything a little more complex, people seem to find it too abrupt.

I'd be really keen to hear other's experiences with click to call....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Virenda,
Thanks, we have mobile campaign running alongside each campaign as there is a big uptake in this side.
Its really trying to understand the clicks vs the order (if we get one) and all the wasted clicks we get which costs us money.