AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

CLICK TO CALL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I currently have 6 campaigns going at the moment ranging from 36% CTR down to 8.77% with an avaerage overall of 12.72%, my question is as much as I work on them (about 1 hour a day) and as much as I learn new things in adwords (which changes all the time) weekly, and yes the phone rings but how do i increase the conversion from click to call even more ? There seems to be no way I can track? Thanks for your help

In the skip business

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: CLICK TO CALL

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Peter,

Personally I experienced with Click to Call feature of Google Adwords but no conversion. I hope after months or year, Google will down this feature. You should analyse your Adwords search data and clicks from devices. If you are finding there more clicks/visitors from mobile devices, create a separate campaign for mobile devices only. You can increase device bid by 300% on mobile devices. Keep lower in Max CPC Bid.

Hope it will give you some better clue to increase CTR.

Thanks

Virendra

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Something you need to bear in mind with click to call is that it is actually a 2 step process.

TRhe visitor clicks on the ad - anywhere in the ad, by the way - not just the number - and at this point you pay for the click.

but this is not the call... what actually happens is that their telephone opens up the phone app and pre-enters the number - they still have to click the call button...

What I found was happening - at least, what I suspect was happening - is that many people were clicking on the ad, expecting to go to the web page - one particular client of mine for whom this simply didn't work is a cancer clinic. Expecting to go the web page, they then found themselves with an option (and only one option) - to call.

They simply weren't ready to call... they wanted to check us out, get an idea of what the service was about, etc. They seemed to find it a little to "eager"... like a really, really pushy salesman - so they just left.

You can configure the calls to record as conversions in AdWords, that helps - but I think for many people, the UX is simply too new....

If I wanted to simply order a pizza, this would be fine, but for anything a little more complex, people seem to find it too abrupt.

I'd be really keen to hear other's experiences with click to call....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Virenda,
Thanks, we have mobile campaign running alongside each campaign as there is a big uptake in this side.
Its really trying to understand the clicks vs the order (if we get one) and all the wasted clicks we get which costs us money.