AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

CAMPAIGN SPENT MORE THAN DAILY BUDGET by almost 800%

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I don't know why this happened, I set a total campaign cost for a Youtube video promotion as 10$. I was surprised when I checked my adWords account. Under campaign, the cost says 83$. While the daily budget says 0.71$/day. It had even exceeded the whole amount that was deducted from my credit card. Am I being charged this amount ?

All inputs on the subject are appreciated.

Thank you all

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohammad M
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mohammad M,

No, you are not charged and Google will take care of it. I have seen it happen quite often with client accounts (I am a badged Google Partner and agency owner... not a Google employee). A few months ago, one of our accounts had a video campaign set up to show a YouTube video with a daily budget of $5.00 (five US dollars) yet on a Friday and Saturday night they (Google AdWords) spent over $700 (seven hundred US dollars) and the amount showed throughout the account (campaigns, ads, billing, etc.) and when the end of month (billing cycle ended), the $700+ simply dropped off and the account charged our payment cycle as it normally would. 

We just consider these Google gifts, truly. 

Have a great week,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohammad M
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mohammad M,

No, you are not charged and Google will take care of it. I have seen it happen quite often with client accounts (I am a badged Google Partner and agency owner... not a Google employee). A few months ago, one of our accounts had a video campaign set up to show a YouTube video with a daily budget of $5.00 (five US dollars) yet on a Friday and Saturday night they (Google AdWords) spent over $700 (seven hundred US dollars) and the amount showed throughout the account (campaigns, ads, billing, etc.) and when the end of month (billing cycle ended), the $700+ simply dropped off and the account charged our payment cycle as it normally would. 

We just consider these Google gifts, truly. 

Have a great week,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well thank you very much James.

I am now relieved.

Have a good one.