Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

CAMPAIGN SPENT MORE THAN DAILY BUDGET by almost 800%

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I don't know why this happened, I set a total campaign cost for a Youtube video promotion as 10$. I was surprised when I checked my adWords account. Under campaign, the cost says 83$. While the daily budget says 0.71$/day. It had even exceeded the whole amount that was deducted from my credit card. Am I being charged this amount ?

All inputs on the subject are appreciated.

Thank you all

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohammad M
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mohammad M,

No, you are not charged and Google will take care of it. I have seen it happen quite often with client accounts (I am a badged Google Partner and agency owner... not a Google employee). A few months ago, one of our accounts had a video campaign set up to show a YouTube video with a daily budget of $5.00 (five US dollars) yet on a Friday and Saturday night they (Google AdWords) spent over $700 (seven hundred US dollars) and the amount showed throughout the account (campaigns, ads, billing, etc.) and when the end of month (billing cycle ended), the $700+ simply dropped off and the account charged our payment cycle as it normally would. 

We just consider these Google gifts, truly. 

Have a great week,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well thank you very much James.

I am now relieved.

Have a good one.