2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk creation of HTML5 ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm a big fan of the responsive HTML5 display ads, and the built-in templates are fine for me, but I'd like to test lots of different Headline/Description/Image/etc. combinations. Does anyone know how I might create these ads in bulk, populating these fields via a spreadsheet?

2016-06-07_1247.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bulk creation of HTML5 ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chris
I too am a huge fan of the built in templates. It's a little tricky to get the hang of but they usually work great.
I have some good news and some bad news for you here.

To test variations using the tool, you have to manually create them. Super time consuming.
However, there is a way to create them in bulk. Unfortunately, it's got a SUPER steep learning curve. You'll need to use Google Web Designer : https://www.google.com/webdesigner/
It's a tool specifically designed to build dynamic HTML 5 ads for AdWords and it's the only "third party" tool that you can actually use to create ads like this that AdWords will accept.

As I said, it's pretty difficult to use and it takes a LOT of time to learn but if you're running a lot of ads on the GDN, it's worth investing the time in.

Hope that helps!

Re: Bulk creation of HTML5 ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Boy you weren't kidding. Assuming I overcome the learning curve and can build something adequate, how do you envision leveraging this for rapid variable testing? Would you use scripting to copy the file folders/edit the html files to utilize your various ad copies?