AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk creation of HTML5 ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm a big fan of the responsive HTML5 display ads, and the built-in templates are fine for me, but I'd like to test lots of different Headline/Description/Image/etc. combinations. Does anyone know how I might create these ads in bulk, populating these fields via a spreadsheet?

2016-06-07_1247.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bulk creation of HTML5 ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chris
I too am a huge fan of the built in templates. It's a little tricky to get the hang of but they usually work great.
I have some good news and some bad news for you here.

To test variations using the tool, you have to manually create them. Super time consuming.
However, there is a way to create them in bulk. Unfortunately, it's got a SUPER steep learning curve. You'll need to use Google Web Designer : https://www.google.com/webdesigner/
It's a tool specifically designed to build dynamic HTML 5 ads for AdWords and it's the only "third party" tool that you can actually use to create ads like this that AdWords will accept.

As I said, it's pretty difficult to use and it takes a LOT of time to learn but if you're running a lot of ads on the GDN, it's worth investing the time in.

Hope that helps!

Re: Bulk creation of HTML5 ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Boy you weren't kidding. Assuming I overcome the learning curve and can build something adequate, how do you envision leveraging this for rapid variable testing? Would you use scripting to copy the file folders/edit the html files to utilize your various ad copies?