AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk Upload of Ads - Labels not supported?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!

I've been trying to add new ads via the bulk upload feature on the interface and it seems that the column Labels is not processed as Google Adwords is not labelling the ads I'm uploading.

Is it a bug? Is not supported? Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Juan Antonio

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bulk Upload of Ads - Labels not supported?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your posting. Regarding your bulk upload question, yes it should be supported. Make sure before you download the csv file that the the Labels column is showing. If its still not showing, please let me know.

Also I highly suggest you try using Adwords Editor instead of the Bulk Uploads as it may be the easier, optimized method for making bulk changes in your Adwords account. Please use this link to download the AE app: http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/adwordseditor/

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
While generally a sound advice, it doesn't help in this particular case. AdWords Editor does not support labels at this time.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hi Igor,

Thanks for clarifying about support for labels with Adwords Editor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Have tried this again today, and can confirm labels are not processed. Kinda frustrating, but I just put a 'key' in the display URL so I can then filter all the ads and then apply the label. I then remove the key in the display URL with another bulk edit, or find/replace in adwords editor.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
For some reason, it seems like the Adwords Editor/Traditional API is given less priority to some features than Google's internal API. You can, for example, use Adwords scripts to create, modify and optimize labels. However, Adwords Editor and external systems can't access the labels. Wish that would change, it's kind of annoying.