AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk Upload Headline Dynamic Remarketing Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I'm looking to split test different dynamic remarketing ads and i would like to add the same headline to all ads in my second test group. Is it possible to do a bulk upload for all headlines? I've tried to export and import spreadsheets and also use the AdWords Editor, but have been unsuccessful.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CBWY5
September 2015

Re: Bulk Upload Headline Dynamic Remarketing Ads

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
I know this one. Dynamic remarketing ads are a form of display ads (also known as "Ad gallery" in the online interface); they appear on Display Ads tab in Editor.

Editor only provides a limited support for display ads: you can copy/paste them around, pause/unpause/remove them, and edit a small number of fields common to all such ads (ad name, display and destination URLs, if I recall correctly). You cannot edit the headline. So Editor is of no help in this task.

I'm pretty sure bulk upload in the online interface (Edit > Upload spreadsheet) doesn't support these ads either; I believe it only works for text ads. Scripts don't seem to support them, either. This leaves a custom AdWords API client - the API definitely supports them.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

@Theresa_Zook 

Would you be able to help CBWYS with this AdWords Editor question please? 

Thank you.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CBWY5
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
I know this one. Dynamic remarketing ads are a form of display ads (also known as "Ad gallery" in the online interface); they appear on Display Ads tab in Editor.

Editor only provides a limited support for display ads: you can copy/paste them around, pause/unpause/remove them, and edit a small number of fields common to all such ads (ad name, display and destination URLs, if I recall correctly). You cannot edit the headline. So Editor is of no help in this task.

I'm pretty sure bulk upload in the online interface (Edit > Upload spreadsheet) doesn't support these ads either; I believe it only works for text ads. Scripts don't seem to support them, either. This leaves a custom AdWords API client - the API definitely supports them.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Thanks Igor.