Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk Upload Headline Dynamic Remarketing Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I'm looking to split test different dynamic remarketing ads and i would like to add the same headline to all ads in my second test group. Is it possible to do a bulk upload for all headlines? I've tried to export and import spreadsheets and also use the AdWords Editor, but have been unsuccessful.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CBWY5
September 2015

Re: Bulk Upload Headline Dynamic Remarketing Ads

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
I know this one. Dynamic remarketing ads are a form of display ads (also known as "Ad gallery" in the online interface); they appear on Display Ads tab in Editor.

Editor only provides a limited support for display ads: you can copy/paste them around, pause/unpause/remove them, and edit a small number of fields common to all such ads (ad name, display and destination URLs, if I recall correctly). You cannot edit the headline. So Editor is of no help in this task.

I'm pretty sure bulk upload in the online interface (Edit > Upload spreadsheet) doesn't support these ads either; I believe it only works for text ads. Scripts don't seem to support them, either. This leaves a custom AdWords API client - the API definitely supports them.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

@Theresa_Zook 

Would you be able to help CBWYS with this AdWords Editor question please? 

Thank you.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CBWY5
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
I know this one. Dynamic remarketing ads are a form of display ads (also known as "Ad gallery" in the online interface); they appear on Display Ads tab in Editor.

Editor only provides a limited support for display ads: you can copy/paste them around, pause/unpause/remove them, and edit a small number of fields common to all such ads (ad name, display and destination URLs, if I recall correctly). You cannot edit the headline. So Editor is of no help in this task.

I'm pretty sure bulk upload in the online interface (Edit > Upload spreadsheet) doesn't support these ads either; I believe it only works for text ads. Scripts don't seem to support them, either. This leaves a custom AdWords API client - the API definitely supports them.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Thanks Igor.