Guide Me
star_border

Bug adwords editor for uploading more than 1000 adgroup/campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm currently running into a problem with the adwords editor (last version 10.4.1 on MacOs 10.9.3).
When posting newly created campaign, after reaching the 1000 adgroup posted per campaign, I get an error "Exceeding account limit at a campaign level"

Sometime it does work fine and sometimes it seems a there is a bug that reach a limit where it is not supposed to similar to this thread:

Does someone know how to fix this issue?

Thank you
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author karim a
September 2015

Re: Bug adwords editor for uploading more than 1000 adgroup/campaign

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
There is indeed no limit of 1000 ad groups per campaign - but there's a limit of 1000 ad groups carrying bid strategy overrides per campaign. If you expand More Info section on the error dialog, you should see "AD_GROUP_BIDDING_STRATEGY_OVERRIDES_PER_CAMPAIGN" somewhere in the detailed error message.

To avoid the limit, make sure your ad groups have "Bid strategy: Use campaign bid strategy" setting. If you do want to use per-ad group bid strategy overrides, then you can only have 1000 such ad groups per campaign. The limit is imposed by the AdWords system - Editor is just a messenger, a bearer of bad news.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author karim a
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
There is indeed no limit of 1000 ad groups per campaign - but there's a limit of 1000 ad groups carrying bid strategy overrides per campaign. If you expand More Info section on the error dialog, you should see "AD_GROUP_BIDDING_STRATEGY_OVERRIDES_PER_CAMPAIGN" somewhere in the detailed error message.

To avoid the limit, make sure your ad groups have "Bid strategy: Use campaign bid strategy" setting. If you do want to use per-ad group bid strategy overrides, then you can only have 1000 such ad groups per campaign. The limit is imposed by the AdWords system - Editor is just a messenger, a bearer of bad news.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Igor,

Indeed this fixed the problem. I'm posting a screen of the error I got from the Adwords Editor as it is slightly different from what you mentioned and could be helpful for somebody else

Thank you

Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 2.27.15.jpg