AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Bug adwords editor for uploading more than 1000 adgroup/campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm currently running into a problem with the adwords editor (last version 10.4.1 on MacOs 10.9.3).
When posting newly created campaign, after reaching the 1000 adgroup posted per campaign, I get an error "Exceeding account limit at a campaign level"

Sometime it does work fine and sometimes it seems a there is a bug that reach a limit where it is not supposed to similar to this thread:

Does someone know how to fix this issue?

Thank you
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author karim a
September 2015

Re: Bug adwords editor for uploading more than 1000 adgroup/campaign

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
There is indeed no limit of 1000 ad groups per campaign - but there's a limit of 1000 ad groups carrying bid strategy overrides per campaign. If you expand More Info section on the error dialog, you should see "AD_GROUP_BIDDING_STRATEGY_OVERRIDES_PER_CAMPAIGN" somewhere in the detailed error message.

To avoid the limit, make sure your ad groups have "Bid strategy: Use campaign bid strategy" setting. If you do want to use per-ad group bid strategy overrides, then you can only have 1000 such ad groups per campaign. The limit is imposed by the AdWords system - Editor is just a messenger, a bearer of bad news.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author karim a
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
There is indeed no limit of 1000 ad groups per campaign - but there's a limit of 1000 ad groups carrying bid strategy overrides per campaign. If you expand More Info section on the error dialog, you should see "AD_GROUP_BIDDING_STRATEGY_OVERRIDES_PER_CAMPAIGN" somewhere in the detailed error message.

To avoid the limit, make sure your ad groups have "Bid strategy: Use campaign bid strategy" setting. If you do want to use per-ad group bid strategy overrides, then you can only have 1000 such ad groups per campaign. The limit is imposed by the AdWords system - Editor is just a messenger, a bearer of bad news.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Igor,

Indeed this fixed the problem. I'm posting a screen of the error I got from the Adwords Editor as it is slightly different from what you mentioned and could be helpful for somebody else

Thank you

Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 2.27.15.jpg