AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

Budget capped but high impr share and high position

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am getting a limited by budget message on one of my campaigns.  The campaign stats for the week suggest to me that it is anything but- €200 daily budget in the previous week secured me a impression share of nearly 97%.  It would make sense to me if the avg position was then down in 7th or 8th place but it was 1.5 for the same time period.  Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks

Barry

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Budget capped but high impr share and high position

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi there,

Could you elaborate your query please? Are you asking if 'limited by budget' makes sense when you have good impr share and avg. pos?

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Budget capped but high impr share and high position

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,
IThanks for coming back to me. In a nutshell...yes. Does it not stand to reason that if I only had 3% lost impr share due to budget that my €200 a day is pretty much covering me? I know that these are to be used as guides and they are of course estimates but it is suggesting I up it to €600 a day and that will probably be nudged up again after that.
Thanks

Re: Budget capped but high impr share and high position

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi PPC BarryM,

What's the bidding method you're using in that campaign? Is it opted into Display Network as well? If so, have you checked the Lost IS (budget) for that as well?

Considering your avg pos. has some scope (though very small) for improvement and there's a lost IS factor, AdWords system could suggest a budget increase. However, as you said, those are just estimates and suggestions based on IS benchmark and past performance over a time period. I'd say you aren't missing anything.

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Budget capped but high impr share and high position

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Barry,

 

Limited by Budget message is usually displayed when Google determines your campaigns can still be successful upon increasing your budget. As per your question, even if you are getting 97% impression share and 1.5 avg. position, increasing the budget can still help you reach out to remaining 3% impression share. 

 

Along with increasing the budget, if you work on ad quality and extensions, reaching 100% impression share will help you reach 100% of your target audience. 

 

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

 

 

Re: Budget capped but high impr share and high position

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

I agree with the previous posters responses. Also, I'm interested to know which IS metric you are looking at. Looking at the "Lost Impression Share by Budget" metric will help you to understand how much more potential you have, if budgets were opened up.

Hope this helps!

Amy Bishop, Clix Marketing